Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cat_Killer

Crookston fishing

5 posts in this topic

Was out on the Red lake in Crookston last night from 5pm-8:30pm trying to catch some walleye or smallies, but only caught one goldeye. tried slip bobber with leach and minnow, and also a jig head. Just wondering if any body else has been having any luck. We fished 8-14 feet of water. Was my first time river fishing for eyes. any pointers would be great.

Well, I tell ya what. I too have been having trouble finding the Eyes here as of late. Even the cast have moved. I found a spot a few weeks ago that was just hot for a few days but now I cant get a bite in that same spot. With all the rain and the river going up, I would try shallow, rock edges. Try fishing 3-5 feet. slow presentaion. Some Foam Walkers and lindy rigs, tipped with Crawler or leaches.

Good luck.

Just wondering what the water level is like on the RLR upstream of Crookston, maybe up by like RLF or TRF. I'm assuming it's a little on the high side but thought maybe someone might have first-hand info. Thanks

It's not high in Thief River Falls, but higher than it was a few days ago...

It's up about 3 feet now but dropping fast. Get to your holes while you can. grin.gif