Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chuckster

Recent Eye Reports

14 posts in this topic

Anyone been out during the last couple days? We will be out and about all day tomorrow and wondering where a good place to start would be. Thinking of Pelican, and maybe White Earth. Hope the storms didnt mess with them too much.

The only thing I can give you is during the weekend I heard some great reports from White Earth but I don't fish the lake, just got some reports from a local baitshop that guys have been doing weel limiting out.

Thanks leechbait, we have always done well there in the later summer months, but have never fished it "early" in the year. There are a few other lakes over in that are I wouldnt mind trying sometime. I don't usually fish in the area, I usually spend the weekends up on Leech, but have the chance for a day off this week and wanted to get out with ZachP.

White Earth is one of the most interesting lakes that I fish, so much structure I'll never find and remember all of it. Have a 10# 2 oz. walleye on the wall taken 5/31/1983, have been along on larger than that.

Tons of structure, same as Many Point. That would be a good lake to try also. It's tough not to pick up a couple off of that lake, In my experiance out there just find the structure ( many points ) and I always had my best luck slip bobbering or jigging until you find the right depths. Like I said it's not hard to pick up a couple but some nights are down right spectacular.

Been doing well off shore in current areas. Spot tail shiners are the bait of choice but it's slowing down. I've heard some reports that the eyes are moving into their summer midlake patterns already on some lakes. Haven't had the boat out much lately, but I'll be up to URL Friday with a fellow FM'er from Bemidji that I'm closing a loan for that day. Hope to hit the mother load of crappies, and maybe catch some eyes shocked.gif. Haven't been posting much, real busy at work and home.

Got out yesterday for the first time since opening Sunday. Went to Big Cormorant and did ok. Caught six walleyes, kept three and released three,three smallmouth, and seven northerns including a 31" Most on shiners until I ran out. Last walleye caught on a nightcrawler. 16-20 fow.

I don't know what my deal is this spring, but I've been struggling big time. Yesterday was no better. A thunder boomer chased me off of E. Silent yesterday evening so I tried the night bite on Big C instead. I guess I should have just went home. confused.gif I only hooked one 20"er along with numerous smallmouth and way too many of those pesky rock bass. I was glad to see how well the new splashguards work though....can't believe I put that off so long.

I'm from Missouri and we spend 2 weeks on White Earth every year in late summer. Gets my fever up just hearing the name of the lake. Beautiful lake to fish!

Well, after some water intake problems.....we got out on White Earth by 10 am. The bite was good, the only problem was every fish we caught was 12 inches or less, never caught a eater fish. Swung over to Pelican around 4, we somewhat managed to save the day by putting three in the livewell that went about 16" and numerous 10 inchers. Nothing great but given the conditions it was somewhat expected. Hope to get a good three days of fishing in this weekend!

Why don't you fish pomme de terre with your dad.

otherwise pelican is ok ooo.gif

Come on fellas...it's awfully quiet in here. Haven't any or you hard cores been out catching walleyes in the wind and the rain?? I finally got into some eaters on Big C yesterday p.m. ....anyone else doing anything??

Z, drove past C today, didnt realy look like any fun out there. brr

Awesome day on the lake. Went to Big Cormorant mid afternoon. Caught eleven walleyes. Some of the nicest fish I've gotten on that lake in a few years. Kept 16-18 inch fish and released a 24". Shiners in 20-25 feet of water. Northerns and smallmouth mixed in to keep busy.