Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskyBug85

Potato again today 5/23

7 posts in this topic

fished potato again today, it was slow for me again, a few eaters and one around 27". All were released to be caught by you guys. Leeches in 11' of water. Jonah

Has anyone been fishing island, always did really well in the past. Evening bite, like taking candy from a baby.

Musky,

A couple of questions for you...

Are you fishing shore related areas or midlake stuff yet? Have you only used leeches or have you tried minnows the past few days? Just curious, we were using both last weekend (on Potato), but it still seemed that the bite was better with Chubs.

What is Northerns store hours? Are they back to 7 to 7 (I think thats normal, correct?)

My son and should be in tomorrow to pickup crappie minnows and CChubs.

shore line stuff and i have just used shiners and leeches. our store hours are 7 am to 8 pm. I am working tommorrow after from noon to close, hope to see you then. Jonah

Island lake was good to me over the weekend we got 16 eyes all on crawlers in 14 to 18 feet . also potato late night pulling cranks in 8 to 10 feet good luck hope this will help

lippy

Lippy,

Sounds like you had some significant action! We did well on Eagle, Sunday. Key depths were 14-18 feet as well. Rigging with leeches.

How late were you cranking on Potato? I am going up Sunday afternoon for a whole week of fishing (totally jacked up about that). I was thinking of cranking and spinner rigging with crawlers on Potato. I have never done that on that lake, but have on others with nice results this time of year. Were you on shore related stuff or mid lake humps. I would think they may have started to transition there by now?

We went out around 9:00 PM stayed out until 2:00 AM . We were pulling shallow running shad raps white and yellow was the hot lure. To answer your question we stuck to shore line structure.

PS I live on Eagle lake and iI dont fish it some day ill have to give it a try

LIPPY