Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

HERE I COME!

7 posts in this topic

Weather be damned, I am on my way in about 45 minutes. Nothing but beatiful scenerey and fishing for 5 days! Still no word on the burn ban being lifted with all this rain so I have the coleman stove along. Its gonna be fun regardless of the weather. I'll post when I get home.

Wade-

I have heard that it appears the ban will be relaxed today. It sounds like campfires at campsites in rings may be allowed along with charcoal.

I hope so taking the youngster to Kab this year without a fire it won't feel much like camping and he will prob be bummed out with no fire and also cold...........

Here is what I found on the relaxed restrictions.

For St. Louis, Lake and Cook counties, no burning permits shall be issued, however, permits for special exceptions may be issued by the state or federal agency having suppression responsibilities (including prescribed burns).

In addition, recreational fires or campfires are only allowed in a designated fire receptacle designated for such use and associated with a residence, dwelling, campground, or resort. The USFS will be restricting the use of campfires in the BWCAW and other remote campsites until further notice.

I could not find anything on what exactly the park is going to do regarding remote campsites, but it appears like the Superior will not allow campfires on remote sites. (yet)

I called voyagers park and she said you can have camp fires and use charcoal grille only in camp sites that have fire rings. Atleast its better than nothing

That would be everything then. You are only allowed to camp at designated campsites in the Park, and every designated camp site includes a fire ring. So basically that tells me that ever site is good to go. I guess the only thing that would rule out is pulling up on shore somewhere for a shore lunch, but just cruise back to camp and your good to go. I'll be up there too this weekend, but I'm going into Little Eva via the Namakan river. Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources said that the Candian side has lifted the fire restrictions, so I am one happy camper, pun intended! We'll be staying at my brother's cabin on Crane Thursday night and then heading over to customs Friday a.m. So if any of you hear some hooting and hollering coming from East bay tomorrow night, I apologize in advance. smile.gif

If you see a loaded down boat looking lost in the lake that would be me on sat morning looking for a camp site that has not been taken. Have fun good luck........