Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HockeyFisherman17

NorthStar

3 posts in this topic

How has the bite been on northstar? any luck with crappies or northern?

I haven't had any success in the last few years with crappies, not much better with northerns. 10 years ago, great success for both species. Either the lake has changed or my skill has declined or both.

The crappies will start in about a weeks time. water temps are at 58 . The best time for me starts around 2 week in June and runs through the first week in August. The fish are there, you just need to find them. The cabbage flats are the place to go. Look for cabbage and you will find 'em.

As far as the pike, I'm not sure where CRBass has been fishing for them but we are finding more big fish than in the past. North Star has special size restrictions on the pike and it seems to be helping, but it's still in the early stages. This lake has produced pike in the upper 40 inch mark in the past two years. As long as we keep releasing fish we all will benefit from it! Too many people keeping too many large fish!!