Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CALVINIST

Where are the boat launches on Buffalo?

8 posts in this topic

Would like to put in for a little fishin' smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Use the launch on the NW side of the lake.

Why that one as opposed to others?

Deeper, you won't have to swamp your truck to launch. smile.gif

North side is a DNR access. East access is a City of Buffalo access and it is way too shallow right now. The County access on the south side is an unknown for me, since I live on the north side - someone else want to comment.

The south one is earthen I think. It is by the channel to either mink or deer(can't keep them straight) which ever one is the most eastern.

I don't mind the city park launch as long as its not to shallow.

The DNR launch you have to drive across the street to park.

Quote:

Deeper, you won't have to swamp your truck to launch.
smile.gif

Ya thanks, I'll try that one out then cool.gif

I always liked the southeast launch 'cause if there's room, and you don't mind getting yer legs wet, you can launch on the beach and then pull yer rig forward a touch and there it is when you get back; no "holding pattern". I didn't like the city launch, 'cause that was often the amateur hour, or nasty-yelling-at-yer-neighbors ramp. The northwest ramp is a good one, but there is the issue of parking across the hwy and schlepping yer stuff across.

The east ramp is ok, ONLY, if you have a small boat. Or you need to wash out the floor matts in your truck. If guys think walking across the street is a far? Check out the ramp off kings road going to minnetonka. Its only 200 yards parking lot to ramp, with a steep hill. The northwest access is the best on Buffalo lake. The south ramp does have a concrete slab but some people like playing in the water.

I prefer to float the boat, walk on a dry dock, step into my boat to launch. When I load up its drive boat on trailor. Step from boat to dock, then get into my truck and pull out then drain boat and finish tying down.