Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cldboater

second trip to the lake

6 posts in this topic

Hello all

This will be my second trip up to this lake. the first trip didnt go so good due to boat issues on the opener week end

Will be up this week end for sure and was wondering if a few folks can give me a little info or insight on fishing for eyes

What presentation has been working so far?

Looking at the map, I will be fishing around the moose island area to start. Any other good spots a guy can try?

Way Points?!?

A friend of mine mentioned a "Lost" lake close by but i cant seem to find it. Any info on that

Thanks in advance

way points? I doubt that you'll get anything that specific...

As far as presentation, etc... jig & minnow works well this time of year, you'll have to experiment with color, as some work better in some areas than others, but firetiger is normally a pretty good choice.

There's plenty of good fishing in Big Bay.. check a map and look for structure. there's an area near Birch Island that can be productive if the wind is right...otherwise, slip bobber a reef in the evening.

cldboater,

You really do not need to ask for waypoints. Finding the fish on your own is more fun than driving up to a spot dropping anchor and getting your limit. This lake is filled with good sized eaters. Look at your locator till you spot them and have at it. smirk.gif

These coordinates should show you Lost Lake. 47.823183,-92.412615 Plug them into google maps.

well thanks to all that replied. Had a blast out there this week end.. caught a lot of nice fish but had to let them go due to the slot limit

in which i don't really understand , but that a whole other discussion

Did great fishing around moose island there.. right at the end of birch point.

As far as presentation. a simple 1/8 oz fuzzy grub tipped with a rainbow minnow was the ticket. Limit out every day. Even on sat. Preppy crappy out but still had fun