Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lungslicer

Food Plot Mowers?

3 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what everyone has been using to mow their clover/food plots. I have been looking at a Agri Fab, but I am not sure if it is tough enough. I would also like something that can cut some small brush on our trails. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

I have a Swisher RoughCut Trail Mower, after a lot of looking around it seemed to be the best value and it has a good reputation. I only have 1 season of use with it but so far I really like it. I mow my driveway, atv trails and foodplots with it. Brush and small trees are no problem, my trails are better (and wider) than they've ever been before.

lungslicer!! Must be a doctor!!! Welcome to the forum!

I also have bush hog type of mower. It is nice to be able to cut off small trees and brush with it but the downside is that it throws the majority of the cut material to one side, it rests in your wheel track and that cut stuff can choke out your clover (or whatever you've planted) in your wheel tracks. You can minimize some of that by cutting more often so you're not leaving as much trash. An ideal mower would spread the trash out. But a nice thing about a bush hog type mower is that you can hit a stump or rock and keep on going without a breakdown.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• AlwaysFishing23
        Me! Also agree with leech a lot of those kind of seats are on sale quite often at FF.
    • leech~~
      Not sure how much money you want to throw into them but like someone else said. The boat seats at Fleet Farm aren't bad and come in a lot of different colors to match boat colors. Their pretty comfy as well. I have used a bunch of them when rebuilding golf carts instead of spending a lot on new cart seats. This time of year they go on sale as well.
    • smurfy
      looking to head that way the weekend of april 8th. one of the projects i have in mind kinda requires no snow in the woods..........any reports of snow out in the woods?????????
    • AaronTC05
      Thanks slowpoke.  I just looked at them again and they're in really good shape actually, it's just that the back boards where the screws attach are weak and some of the screws don't stay in on a couple of them.   Does anyone know of somewhere in the metro (preferably south) that would repair them.  Would a Marine place like Dan's Southside or Valley Motor sports do something like that?    
    • Chill62
      As most people know there has been some recent incidents out on the ice with people falling through.  Monday two gentlemen fell through on wheelers on HOL.  One of the gentlemen is Dave Genz's brother and since they have a cabin up there I'm sure he has been on the lake more then one time.  Then on Tuesday someone fell through down by Dent on one of the Silent Lakes.  A buddy of mine was on a lake by Frazee yesterday afternoon and even though there was 12" of ice he was able to get through the ice with one hit of his spud bar.  Everyone PLEASE PLEASE be careful out there.  This ice is getting eaten up quickly!  I lost a class mate of mine when he fell through the ice trying to rescue his dog so please just take the time and stay safe.  Don't forget your rope, Spud Bar, and a life jacket if you MUST scratch that last itch!