Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beckmanator1

bwca homer lake and surrounding lakes

1 post in this topic

just wonderin how anybodys did on theese lakes over the last few weeks heading up in a week

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Early Riser
      The statistics from my journal for the 2016/2017 spearing season have been compiled. I had 21 sits, on 7 different bodies of water across 3 MN counties (Cook, Washington and Hennepin). Average sit was 4.4 hours. Number of pike seen averaged 1.08 per hour. Along with some old favorites, I added some new spots and 3 new lakes to the repertoire and they ended up being new favorites.    I saw, and passed on many pike over 30 inches. I was fortunate enough to have great views of 4 muskies, and more than a few big bass. Interestingly I only saw one walleye, one bowfin and one carp. Those numbers are down.     Here are a few of my pictures from the past season. Not the best quality, but they are from an old LG slider phone.    A trio for the pan and  the days swim team (Johnson red/white and sunfish; Dennis Bertram shiner). Dave Pawlak spear. Larger pike had been attacked by a bigger fish…she was cut up and scaled ahead of the dorsal fin.      Pike, some panfish and a Kraemer 9 tine spear.      I have a few more pictures of some fish n the hole and will try to add them later when I have time. 
    • Big A
      16-18ft Aluminum Boat with 3 people fishing plus gear.   What size trolling motor is needed to keep vertical jig? 55pounds? 100pounds?   What do you use?    Thanks for input/help
    • moneyback2
      fished 2/25 on agency bay for perch.  four guys fished 6 hours and kept 40 perch.  caught alot more little ones    moved around alot
    • metro fisherman
      This ice season  has been in the books on the st croix for about a week now. I ended my year out there with a 50" sturgeon.
    • Cret Jigs
        What is working for 2 fishing buckets, ion auger & Vexlar for walking out on early/late ice?   Appreciate to hear what works for walking out for a hole hopping Crappie freak