Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hitthebricks

07 Navionics premium North

3 posts in this topic

I think I might have a problem with my depth finder. It dosn't seem to show much for contours on Rainy. My old Nav. Reg. 10 chip has more contours on it than the new one does. Did they skip Rainy or is my depth finder bad? HTB

I hope you mean GPS. Sonars will not be able to use that chip.

Make sure you have the correct area of the chip highlited. I have the same chip and it is great but you have to choose which area or the chip is going to show the details. Mine didn't work either until I selected northern Minnesota.

It will show some stuff no matter what, and your GPS may even have a built in map with some stuff. Read your owner's manual to find out how to set up the correct area of the chip to show details.

I'm trying to run it on a Huminbird 997 and you don't need to highlight the specific area like on the lowrance units and what I do see is better than the built in maps so I think there is only a old map on the 07 chip. HTB