Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prov1900

Oak Haven Resort ???

9 posts in this topic

We are planning a family fall trip to the Cass Lake area and are considering Oak Haven Resort. They have a new, large cabin that looks pretty nice. Anyone have any opinions on the resort? Also, I see that the resort is on the river. I would be concerned about access into Cass via Andrusia. I have a larger boat with windshields (1900 IFS). Will it get through the entrances and under any bridges from there to Cass? How is the fishing on the river at that time of year? Going for it all, anything from sunfish to walleyes to muskies. Thanks in advance.

Getting from Andrusia to Cass in the fall is dependent on the water levels... tough with your boat last fall, I have a 205 Triton and had zero chance. Many falls are O.K. but you need to take it slow and trim your motor up. We are not going into the summer with high water levels... they are already at July's level... we need rain! Your 19' will make it under the bridge no problem... it's the water under you that you need to worry about. I know someone with a 21' gran Baron and they can go between Cass and Andrusia if the level stays up.

Never fished the river up there. Wolf and ANdrusia can both be good, though I spend 95% of my time on Cass. I'm sure the scenery will be spectacular in the fall on the river... we enjoy the ride from Cass to Wolf at least once a year... (about 45 minutes).

Have fun and enjoy your vacation and the area.

Good Luck!

Ken

I've stayed at Oak Haven a couple times. The first time we camped out in tents, and the second time we had one of the smaller cabins. The resort is quiet, and the owners are very nice people. It's kind of fun staying on the river too, you see a lot of wildlife while you're motoring slowly between lakes (the river is a no-wake zone).

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Still want to spend my time on Cass as well, since I have fished it before, so at least I got some time to decide.

Hey I'm heading up to Oak Haven Resort this weekend staying from Friday untill Sunday. I'm going to be renting one of their boats out and heading out to a few lakes. I've never been up to the area but how will I be accessing the lakes? Will i be accesing them through the river? Anyhow what's the best areas to fish for some Crappies, Perch, and Walleyes? And what should i use? I'm not to big of a walleye eater as I would much rather prefer Crappies over Walleye but I wouldn't mind just hooking a few. Any help would be great!!! Thank you guys!

You'll be accessing the lakes through the Mississippi River. For panfish, head upriver to Wolf. We did OK on eyes in Andrusia near the outlet to Cass, or at the inlet from Wolf. We never did all that great though, and we were never there this time of year. I'd talk to the owners, they'll give you a map and try to point you in the right direction.

Itstou, I'll be staying at oak haven this weekend to, well be camping, It's a great place to stay at, owners are great people, and they will point you in the right place to fish. I have a bass tracker, if you see me say hi.

Getrdone... laugh.gif

anyone know if the river system is weeded out yet??

Wow thanks for all the great replies guys! I'll be sure to ask them as well and yeah for sure Getrdone ill say Hi if i see you guys there..... we'll be on campsites 12 and 11. We'll have some beer to so if you want to drop by for a few feel free by the way its my birthday today thats why were heading up but feel free to come by and say Hi!!