Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
perchking

Great weekend at Hunters

3 posts in this topic

The fishing was a bit tough with the wind this weekend at Hunters point but I am pretty happy how I did. I arrived at hunters at about 5PM on Friday, I had my line wet 30 minutes later. I ended up getting a 29" that was about 9lbs, 2-28" inches and another 8-10 in the 22"-27" range and 4 that were 15-18. Awesome simple awesome.

George at Hunters was a true gentleman and treated my wife and me great. The cabin was spotless and the drinks at the tavern, well lets just say they slid down just fine. Of course when you fish alone the picture taking ability gets pretty tough with 3 foot rollers in a 16' boat so this is about the best one I got. Sorry about the rip in the drawers but I guess that happens...

[image]IMG_0782.jpg[/image]

that's a nice walleye!!!! How deep and on what were you catching them on?

Minnwinni,

I pretty much stayed away from everybody, found a break from 14 to 21FOW and it seemed like as soon as I hit the 18-19 foot mark the fight was on. I didnt fish a ton of hours either the best times for me was 6-9am. I was in everynight by 8 being I couldnt hold my boat with my anchors. Plus I have a 8 month old daughter that wanted to see her Pops. Lindy Rig with a red hook with a glow bead with a 10-12 foot snell, with smaller leaches.