Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jim Uran

Crappies!!!

Question

Jim Uran

I found the motherload last night suspended over 10-14 FOW last night. I was pulling a Lindy Rig by this point in 18 FOW and I got blown in a little shallower and the depth finder lit up hard with suspended fish. So I dropped the anchor and start casting a little jig and I caught one after another for a half hour. The bluegills were mixed in with them too, They were hitting the jig hard and most of them were hitting them within 2 feet of the surface. It was the best Crappie bite I've been on for a while. I managed some 10 inchers but they all went back in the drink. I was planning on taking the wife and kids out tonight to keep a few but I got bad news when I watched the weather forecast crazy.gif so hopepfully they stick around until this bad stretch of weather goes by because they would have a blast.

11 answers to this question

LadyFisher

What lake?

Jim Uran

HA HA Good one!!!!!!!!

Jim Uran

Nahhh I can't be like that if you want to know I'll help you out jamesuransr at yahoo (Contact Us Please) you know......

minneman

Say LB, Id like to compare some notes on Big Rock some time with you. do you fish that lake much?

Code-Man

crappies were awesome tonight. Think we caught 60 of them...released every one. a few nice 1-1.5 lbers...towards dark they were surfacing.

Jim Uran

Yes I love that lake, especially early spring through early summer and than again in the fall. shoot me an email if you'd like to compare or would like to know anything.

deacon

Not what lake, what gps cooridinates, lets be exact. Ha Ha.

Too bad but those fish probably are long gone and have moved on. Have any crappies spawned yet, last time I was out it appears they are getting close, water temps in the low 60's?

Jim Uran

You are probably right, but I'm guessing they didn't go far these fish were tightly schooled and.... well I'll just have to find out, darn it...... I can't wait to find out.

paceman

Yes the crappies are in a good eating mode. I was out the other night with my two year old son. I was trying to get him a fish but his fish always fell off his rod. but we had a blast. I will keep trying. In about 30 minutes I caught 15, kept 7 good eaters (10"-11") released a 14.25" and a 13.75". the others were quite small. As well as a few LM bass and Rock Bass. Casting a green/white slurpie tipped with a crappie minnow in 4' of water.

slabslayer28

ive been finding my crappies while i was trolling for walleyes i was using a silver spinner with a fathead in 7-13 FOW i think i might have to anchor and try though and tips on what kind of jigs?

thanks

SS

Jim Uran

I was using something light, 1/16 or smaller with some hair and a propeller with no minnow. It's tough to beat a marabou jig or a plain jig tipped with a minnow. Mix up the colors or the jigs until you find what works bro. If this weather holds up through the evening I'm going to be out there trying my "luck" again tonight.