Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gtofast1

Two river lake tournament

5 posts in this topic

Was the tournament this weekend? How did everyone do? Good weather for it on Saturday. Till the temp dropped.

I've been in this tourney for the past 16 years.... this year was one of the best weather-wise, but it was by far the worst for catching walleyes. From what I heard few people were having any luck... I didn't even stick around this year to see what was weighed in!

Anyone know how many pounds took 1st place?

I heard fishing was also slow. Winners had 18 pounds and a few ounces. I guess they figured out the walleyes. Second dropped down to 13 lbs.

Yes it was a very slow day on the lake caught a few bottle bass and a nasty sunburn but no walleyes. We saw a few caught surprisingly during the noon hour. All our boat could catch were crappies. Where the heck were they in the winter?

Not very good fishing this year, the bright spot was Pelican had three of the top ten places. That hasn't happened in years. I guess stocking the bigger walleye may be helping. Tenth place was only five pounds and there were a lot of boats that were skunked. That's fishing!!