Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wormer

Public Access

9 posts in this topic

I recently went to Buffalo Lake for the first time. I tried to put the boat in at the east park access. Once unable to float the boat off the trailer I proceeded to drive out and was dragging the bottom of my trailer, I thought was a participant at a tractor pull with the weight digging in. Well anyways, what some of the other public access in the area with problems? So I know not try there. Thanks

I know of constance that may be a little shallow. And for a future note, if your gonna fish Buffalo, use the north landing. Easily the best on the lake.

You need to stay away from that east access unless the water is up. The city is not very motivated to keep that access usable. The north/northwest access is the best, and the south access is pretty usable most of the year, unless the water goes down another foot or two, then it would be tough.

I went to Constance about a week ago to run the motor for awhile, and the landing is in tough shape for larger boats, with such low water levels.I had to back way out to load and unload.I got my 16 ft. in and out okay, but I had to get creative while loading it.

With Constance, I would recommend launching on the steeper part of the bank. I don't even try to find the concrete ramp any more. I launch my bass boat that way. smile.gif If you don't have a 4wd, I don't recommend going that route, since you will need it to pull up that hill.

Some good ones I know of are Pulaski and Cedar. Rock lake is also in good shape. I'll try to post more as I fish them.

There was a flyer posted on the bulletin board at the north landing on Buffalo Lake with the DNR phone number encouraging anyone with a complaint about the landing to contact the DNR. I stopped by there on Sunday of opening weekend to check out the landing and saw the flyer. Looks shallow but I haven't put a boat in Buffalo. I figured it must be a bit of a challenge or someone wouldn't have posted the DNR number.

I launched at the north access last Tuesday with my bass boat with no problem. I do recommend trimming up your motor, since there is a mound of prop-wash out from the end of the ramp a little ways.

i dont know if anyone cares but the eagle lake access up by silver creek is getting all redone and its gonna be way different i guess it wont be done until august though.