Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tritonman

Bass Lakes

5 posts in this topic

My family has a cabin between Park Rapids and Bemidji and we have decided to get together up there this weekend. Since it is bass opener and that is pretty much all that I fish in the summer I was wondering what would be some good lakes to try. Any help would be appreciated!

Wow Im surprised you havent gotten a reply for that area I dont live far from there but have never fished up there but if you want to come south a little 6thcrow,, fishtrap,and ya know lake george has good panfish so it could be good for bass too, sorry cant help much up that way but good luck and have fun

Little mantrap lake has a good population it also has special regulations on it everything between 12 to 18 has to go back. It has a lot of big bass in it it also is the area it is a little south of itasca state park.

I love fishing bass on Long Lake they have a great population of avg size bass and ive seen lots of nice 3-5 lbs taken out of that lake, there is so much structure which makes it a fun lake to fish, also like they stated before Lake George was real good for bass the only time I fished it.

Wow! Thanks for the help everyone. Its almost embarrasing that I have never fished the lakes up there but it has always seemed like the only time I get up there is for deer hunting. Should be a great family weekend though. Once again, thanks for the help.