• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Versatile options

Turk

The river is in the early summer stage right now. The water temperatures are warm and the water levels are low. This is also evident because they are hitting on crankbaits and livebait about half and half, over the last few years, I have grown to believe they want bait much more early in the season than anything else. We caught 18 legals on yesterday (5/19), including some saugers and on was 20 inches, which is a nice fish on the Croix north of Prescott. Including versatile options for presenting the baits, are a wide range of depths are from 8 to 28 feet. Personally I like the shallow stuff best.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

Hit the river again this morning and found the eyes to be on the shorter end and light bitters, caught a mix bag of drum and stripers and smallies, did manage to bring home 4 nice ones and a short sauger (floater) all fish came on crawlers 12-20 feet, had alot of short bites but I noticed when I feed them line and waited, usually hooked up. great morning to be on the water! NICE MEETING YOU TOM! cool.gif MY MARKER WAS IN THE RIGHT SPOT, HUH!! wink.gifwink.gif