• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking at possibly heading to Ottertail to camp and fish but.. I cant seem to find a campground (tent). Are there any on the lake?

Thanks in advance.

The only one I know of is Woodland Beach Resort and Campground on the South side of the lake...Not sure if they are still in business though...They are listed in the resort directory on this site under Ottertail...

Woodland Beach Resort closed a couple of years ago and is now a association. I don't think there is a place on Ottertail to pitch a tent anymore.

Red Lantern Resort I think still has a few campsites.

I don't know of any resorts that allow camping, but a for sure bet would be Glendalough State Park. It's about a 5 mile drive to OT Lake from the park.

For being close to Ottertail I would have to vote for Glendalough State Park also.

The only campground that I know of on Ottertail lake that still allows tent camping is privately owned - members only.

Lynn J.

Just got to thinking I don't know if Elks Point Campground on Wall Lake allows tent camping or not.

Lynn J.

Just wanted to let you know - the resort that I am on is located on Big Pine Lake in Perham. It's about 25 minute drive to Ottertail, and a ton of other lakes. The best part about the campground is that it has access to a dam on the Ottertail river. We do quite a bit of fishing on the dam and catch all kinds of largemouth, northern, some walleye, and rough fish of course. Let me know if you want more info. I think they charge $24 a night for primitive camping. I'd be happy to pass along the info to the resort.