Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Erickson

Bush Lake

10 posts in this topic

Im thinking about maybe heading over there with some live bait for pike.Not really sure where to start though.I was thinking about fishing the point but is there any other better spots?Thanks

If you have a boat troll from the drop-off at the point to the hump in front of the swim beach. If no boat, large egg weight and sucker, do a 'HAPPY GILLMORE' out as far as you can.

The north and south ends of the lakes are shallow and get very weedy. If you are fishing in a boat you could manage fishing these areas(I've caught pike fishing bass in these areas) the rest of the lake gets deeper and there are actualy weedlines and you could soak a bobber and minnow from shore easily, though I would shy away from the docks with the other people fishing. I think the point is an okay spot to start with, but I would move around.

Ok thanks guys i went out and caught 1 bass on the point.I dont have a boat..im only 14 so thats out of the question lol but ill have to get my dad to go out with his boat sometime.Ive been there twice this year and each time ive seen people bass fishing confused.gif

can you have motors on bush lake. thats in bloomington right?

Thanks!

only 6hp

Hey Rincrat,

You remind me of me when I was your age. I used to fish Bush a lot. We had good luck on the West side if you can get past the weeds. I think its great you are that into fishing with all the other distractions there are in life for a teenager. Keep it up and good luck fishing! Dan

Yea i love fishing,its basically my life lol.Ive been fishing since i was 3 and my dad taught me how to use a baitcaster when i was 7 years old

The point is almost as bad as the docks with other people fishing, these are not the types of spots I like to fish personally. I would just move around and cast out to the weedlines. I fished there a lot as a kid too(wasnt that long ago). Still do occasionally

yea everytime i go those spots are packed