Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle Sandberg

20 posts in this topic

Well I can tell you where the fish aren't. They deffinatly aint out bittn' on Cedar. My dad and I fished for 4 hours with only one sunny to show for it. It probable didn't help our cause that the cold front came threw just before we got in the water but I was expecting a few to throw in. That's why they call it fishing not catching.

Anyone else have a report for this weekend?

(Not) Good Fishing

K Dawg

Well, We went out on Buffalo fri. night @ 8pm til midnight and yes we found the eyes, and 11" was the biggest and no we didn't keep any. The wind was something of a challenge.

Tried to go to SCHMIDT Sat morning but I see the posts are in the ground again. I would like to know if this is a lawful access or not. Because I think i helped pay for the eyes stocked in the lake w/ my license fees! Sorry just frustrated. We ended putting some time in on pulaski. Worked really hard for rockbass, yeah!

I believe the water line can't be closer than 51 feet from the center of the road. If it is, someone needs to call the sherriff's office or contact Rick Reller at the DNR.

Good luck with that one! Perhaps we should pump some water in it from Green Mountain! smile.gif

I was also on cedar on sat.,noon to 4. My wife pulled in about a 9# carp and a 15" eye, I lost a couple that was it.I was using crawlers, she was using leeches.I really like the structure on that lake, some nice corners to fish.

You got out of there befor the cold front came through. Wise choice. Where were you fishing if you don't mind my asking.

I had my best luck at the northeast end of the bar,

Schmidt, does not have a legal public access. This came up last summer also about, if it was legal for the posts and a fence. Check DNR for stocking. It may have been used for a rearing pond?

Schmidt Lake is not stocked by the DNR and is has not been used as a rearing pond. It is stocked by the private landowner who gets a permit (most recent in 2006 (1,000 fingerlings).

There is no public access to the lake. Survey maps show that the right of way at that point is 100' (50' from the center). The landowner has the fence placed correctly on the right of way boundary and has the legal right to keep it fenced and posted preventing access across his property. Therefore, anglers are not entitled access to Schmidt Lake.

This seems to be an issue every year. Hopefully, this clears up that subject and saves some people some tickets.

War Eagle!!!

Thanks for the info. I was thinking it would be a nice lake to take my 3 yr. old. it looks protected from the wind. we will find another, no big deal.

No problem for the info. I understand wanting to keep a 3 yr old busy otherwise they lose interest fast. My nieces are the same way. Good luck getting your kid hooked on fishing. We need to recruit more youngsters into the sport.

Happy Fishing!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

From what I have heard, the schmidt boys don't pay much attention to posted signs when it's hunting season. I know for a fact that they took a deer on posted land 2 years ago. I have no problem with them posting their land, just stay off others posted land!

Fishhawk,

I agree with you. I'm just stating the legal facts about what they can do.

It sure would be nice, if we all would just obey the laws. grin.gif

happy fishing!!!

War Eagle!!!

Tried Pulaski last night, not much happening for me, didn't get much to talk about.

i will be heading out this weekend and will report back on how i do!!

The birds must be transfering fish from buffalo to pulaski. The last week only little walleyes 10 to 12 inches. I'm going to give the smallies some sore lips this weekend.

Jim - are you saying that birds are catching walleyes out of Buffalo, carrying them to Pulaski, and letting them go?? And the fish are staying alive during this process??

i dont beleive its birds, i saw a couple walleyes hitch hiking towards pulaski!

I heard they were so small they could fit throught the filters and swim right up into pulaski.

Mo Gator, I'm kidding about the birds. confused.gif Just that lately, I have been small walleyes alot like what has been coming from Buffalo. May have to start keeping the snot rocket pike. (17-21) inch pike just to help thin the population. MMMMMM pickled fish, crackers, beers and a evening fire.

Less then 2 hours for smallie fishing, on Green lake.

Local Annandale report--- Walleyes on French Lake- shallow- right off the weed line 4'-5' heard they have been biting on lindy rig with minnow. I got them today throwing a shad rap. Pleasant 15'-22' drifting with lindy rig and leech.

thats all I know.