• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

One of those days

Eric Wettschreck

Have ya ever had "One of those days?" I just got home from an evening on a prairie pothole. Oddly, we had to wait quite a while at the landing. I think one of the plugs on my motor fouled. (I hope that's the problem) My cranking battery died. My aft running light wouldn't work. My best friend has been fighting off some type of plague type illness and got terribly ill on the drive home. While filleting fish I about amputated my upper body. My dog got a hold of one of my fillets. Yup, it was one of those days.

On the good side of things, Klan boilerguy will be eating fish for lunch tomorrow. So, putting things in perspective, it wasn't all that bad after all. grin.gif After all, I could have been at work. frown.gif

I ripped off my thumbnail.

Oh, and I got in trouble for being too fast at the access, so some guy was going to teach me a lesson by blocking the ramp for 5 minutes because "people need to slow down".

Boilerguy, that there has the makings of a country song I believe! grin.gif

Tunrevir~

I was thinking the same thing only I hate county music.

Update, I dropped a cylinder I'm fairly sure. #3 has no, none, nada, zippo compression. frown.giffrown.gif Hopefully just a head gasket.

You could quit fishing . Not an option ? GOOD ! Fix the boat , rub a little dirt on the wounds , shake it off and get back in the game ! The weekend is coming and there are fish to be caught ! Summer is finally hear and its fishing season !! Rejoice - celebrate - but take it easy at the landing . We all have days like that but we are forward looking people with short memories . Time to get ready for the next adventure , right ?

I'll shed no tears. Actually, I was just surfin the net for boat parts and a place that can get them to me the fastest!!!!

No boat this summer is NOT an option. I already have the motor half taken apart. With luck it will be wet this comming weekend!!!!

I HAVE ONE OF THOSE LIVES IF NOT FOR BAD LUCK I WOULDNT HAVE ANY LUCK I STILL GET A FEW FISH THOUGH

At least it was only a bad day, and not a bad week! We had a vacation where all kinds of stuff went wrong from heart attacks, to hooks through fingers, losing cameras, trolling motors and anchors in the lake, puncturing a steel rod through the oil pan on the old "holiday roader". blush.gif Still, a day like that stinks. If that's the worst day you have, it should be a good year, right? grin.gif Hope ya get the motor up and running again soon!

BASS...All that in one week?

One word sums that up... UFFDA!

Quote:

BASS...All that in one week?

One word sums that up... UFFDA!

You are gonna have a great year my friend! After a sacrifice like that the fish gods are gonna smile on you and put some piggys in the boat!(p.s. stay away from the barnyards though! grin.gif)

Tunrevir~

On the good side of things, Klan boilerguy will be eating fish for lunch tomorrow. So, putting things in perspective, it wasn't all that bad after all. grin.gif After all, I could have been at work. frown.gif

With an attitude like that I do believe your luck will turn around. Im not sure when though. Maybe after you get a new motor for a great price.

This was a story on a blog maintained by the pastor of my church…

Windy but AWESOME day on the lake!

Put my boat in like usual. Tied it to the dock. Parked my truck & trailer. Walked back to the dock just in time to see my boat floating across the lake with no one in it! (The rope hook had somehow come unhooked.) Dude...what am I going to do? I just stood there watching it drift across the lake thinking about all those fish I was now never going to catch.

There was one other boat on the lake and he noticed an unmanned boat floating by which means someone either fell out or someone was stupid enough to not tie their boat to the dock. When he looked back at the dock and saw a man (me) standing there without a boat and on the lake was a boat without a man - it didn't take him long to conclude which scenario was happening here. He was gracious to tow my boat back to the dock.

Cool...now on to fishing - except I tried to turn on my depth finder and it was BROKE!! AHHHHH!!! Now I would be fishing blind - nothing to show me weedlines, structure, depth. Guess I will just have to fish the old fashioned way - AFTER I clean up my entire can of Diet Pepsi that I just spilled!!

Five hours later when I came off the lake and went to get my truck - there was a nice note from the park police. (Some would call it a ticket. I like "note" better.) I forgot to put my parking permit in the window and now I have to go to court and explain. I have the new permit - I just didn't have it in my window!!!

You might say... "Dude, you should have just stayed home. Did you catch anything?"

"Did I catch anything?!!"

Northern

• 7 lbs

• 3.5 lbs

What an AWESOME day! And no, I didn't keep any. I like catching them. I like eating them. I don't like cleaning them. Besides, let's put 'em back in the lake to make more so we keep enjoying it!