Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Who catfishes around GraniteFalls?

6 posts in this topic

Thought I'd ask, last year I noticed a few catters from my area! The catfish forum seems to be lower Mn. river.

We Caught about a 20-22 pound channel the other night!

that was fun stuff.

That my friend is a huge channel. How long and what was the girth?

Nice fish!!Sounds like Harvey is impressed!hamrej I fish straight south of sacred,over 15s seem common the ole girl last year same afternoon got her 3 largest 10 min. apart a 12-10 & 8 we've taken them up to 21 lbs.Whats hard for us are the eaters we cant catch em!Flats are few at a time largest 35lb.we like to keep them around 8-10 their great eaters one or two a year lasts us till this time of year.We're about ready to put the camper on,can you give any places other than county parks?for over nighters.

Impressed with a 22# channel, yes as they catch very, very few in that size range in the Minnesota. I was curious to the lenght and width as I have never seen to many that size. maybe you still remember.

Channels range so wildly in their proportioning but a 22 pounder is going to be 35" minimum, more like a 36", but could be 37" if it isn't very girthy.