Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satchmo

Ripped Off!!

16 posts in this topic

Ladies and Gentlemen, in the early morning hours of Tuesday May 15th between the hours of 2:00 AM and 7:00 AM thieves came through the RV park at Fisherman's Wharf Resort(On the east side by Big Point) and stole fishing equipment out of five differant boats and a couple of vehicles, as well as taking fishing rods and coolers right off the decks of the seasonal RV's. They got approx. 35 fishing poles, at least 6 tackle boxes, and a handheld GPS. I'm not sure what else they got, but I personally lost six rod & reel combos and my big walleye box full of tackle. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone could keep their eyes and ears open and give me a call on my cell phone or shoot me an email if they hear or see anything suspicious. Thank You, Greg (651) 308-8315

Sorry for your loss, a meth habit i'm sure, not a sportsman.

That or someone that just came out of the bar. Well look on the bright side, you get all new gear. Bad side you have to pay for it.

did you report it??? it does not do any good unless you report it to the sheriff. watch ebay and other classified sites and see if any of it showes up for sale. if i hear of anybody selling stuff out of their trunk around here i will let you know. most thieves are lazy and don't travel to far away from where they operate....................tom fellegy

SATHMO,

I am in Onamia and the Milaca County Sheriff comes in and talks with me at our park model sales lot every week. I will be sharing this with him, and see if anything should turn up.

I know Paul Waldowski will keep his eyes and ears open at Appeldoorn's for you too.

I am sorry that this has happened to you and as Tom Fellegy says will keep my eyes and ears open for you. I hope you reported it!

Fish On!!!

Sorry to hear that Satchmo. I hope you have insurance (check your homeowners policy.) Just another reminder that we have to lock our stuff up no matter where we are. It's also a good idea to lay out all your gear and open your tackle boxes and take pictures. It's hard to account for all your stuff after its gone. I hope you get your gear back and the thieves poke an eye out with a rod tip.

Dan

Thanks guys! We made out a report with the Mille Lacs Co. Sherrifs Dept. and I've filed a claim with my insurance company, but it may be while before I get that settled. The worst part was trying to remember all the stuff I had in my box so I could make out an inventory list for the insurance adjuster. What a pain!! I am fortunate that I only have a $250 deductable and a replacement cost policy. My buddy lost 3 rods and his tackle box, but he has a $1000 deductable. I'm certainly not going to let this ruin my summer. It's the first incident I've had in over 40 years of running around to different areas of the state, and if you let it get to you, they win. Officer Sammis was very nice to deal with and he said that some of these crooks are not too brite and that they actually recover more than you would think. I'm not going to count on it though. I also have a friend on the local police force that is going to watch for the stuff on their pawn network. We'll see what happens. I think I'll just gear back up and go fishing.

Sorry to hear about getting ripped off. Btw, you fixed my wiring issues with my 332,3600 last fall and they work great....no more blown fuses. Thanks

Its not a bad habbit to get into.. but I try and take digital photos of all my gear and tackle boxes at the begining of each season.. just in case.. and that way the insurance dude will not argue... photo evidence.

Quote:

Thanks guys! We made out a report with the Mille Lacs Co. Sherrifs Dept. and I've filed a claim with my insurance company, but it may be while before I get that settled. The worst part was trying to remember all the stuff I had in my box so I could make out an inventory list for the insurance adjuster. What a pain!! I am fortunate that I only have a $250 deductable and a replacement cost policy. My buddy lost 3 rods and his tackle box, but he has a $1000 deductable. I'm certainly not going to let this ruin my summer. It's the first incident I've had in over 40 years of running around to different areas of the state, and if you let it get to you, they win. Officer Sammis was very nice to deal with and he said that some of these crooks are not too brite and that they actually recover more than you would think. I'm not going to count on it though. I also have a friend on the local police force that is going to watch for the stuff on their pawn network. We'll see what happens. I think I'll just gear back up and go fishing.

Reading this thread made me inventory all my gear. It adds up fast. Good luck with your insurace company and replacing your gear.

Regards,

Nick

satchmo I feel your pain I got a Ice house at the wharf. Got broken into 1 month ago they took furnace A tv that dont work haha and a bunch of other crap that is worth nothing to them just sucks for me. Good luck with your insurance mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

For sure meth heads sorry for the lost equipment that sucks.

I doubt they had muskie and bass lures on walleye opener. confused.gif I guess it doesn't hurt to ask though.

I am in Isle, I will keep my ears open also....

Jp

A realitive of mine had the same thing happen a few years ago in Isle. They must have came in by boat and swipped a ton of rods and tackle boxes. Thank god he had the insurance on it and bought newer better things that he lost. I hope you get your stuff back...But don't count on it.