Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyepatrol

5 posts in this topic

Fished a Hutch area lake today with my wife. Stayed mostly on the south shoreline since my wife gets sea-sick easily in the waves. Caught and released many LM bass and released my first ever pike on this particular lake....a 21"er. Last 1/2hr was spent on the north shoreline in the wind and waves. Sure enough, that's where the 'eyes were at. Caught 2 - 15" pan-sized 'eyes and then we had to leave.

Not sure what the wind is suppose to do tomorrow since I won't be out, but if it's anywhere from the south, look to northern shorelines for the 'eyes. After the south winds pounded the north shores for the past 2 days, the 'eyes should still be there. 3' snell with float and leech is what took the fish. They hit VERY hard for 15" fish!

I went out on Thursday evening and had luck on the north shore as well. They are still hitting on minnows in less than 10 FOW. A 15lb carp to boot also added to the entertainment!! That was fun.

Just got back from fishing today at a different lake and everything was leeches. Flat calm in the middle of the day and I had a 22 and a 20 incher but out deeper. Also had four more on that fought for a while and then spit it out. blush.gif I just couldn't get them hooked well enough and I gave it to them good too. Those four were just as good in size as the other two. blush.gif

Oh well, only one over 20" is the law so they wouldn't have done me any good other than a fun catch!

Good to hear LMITOUT! So is it because the FISHERMAN is better, or the fishing EQUIPMENT is better this year? grin.gif j/k!

I think the "dinks" we've seen over the past few years are finally showing up with some size to them.

Down on the river today I got 1 walleye, 1 northern, 1 catfish and 1 dogfish. All in about, you guest it 1 hr.

Did well in Watertown last nite! cool.gif