• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First Time on Minnetonka Q's

I'm thinking of trying 'Tonka for the first time since the gas prices are causing me some distress( after heading to Mille Lacs, last weekend and northern WI the weekend before). Any suggestions on where to launch from (any water issues there?) Or any fishing suggestions... Guess I'm spoiled now having been on Mille Lacs tongue.gif

Should have mentioned I'd like to go after walleyes... Is there a slot or special regs?

There are a number of excellent landings with lots of parking. The closest (and busiest) is Gray's Bay on 101 just south of Waysata. It has 3 lanes and a large parking lot and nice bathroom facilities. If you're there early with the rest of the fishing crowd you can usually get in without much trouble. Later when the pleasure boaters get out there you may wait a bit. The others are on North Arm and Maxwell Bay. these two are about a 1/2 mile apart and both have nice ramps and good parking. They are on N shoreline Dr. You can get to some good walleye spots pretty easily from any of them although I'm personally still struggling to crack the eye code out there. No slot limit or special regs, just clean off your trailer to prevent spreading milfoil. Good luck! I think it's Indy for me tomorrow.

Grays bay access has a lot of parking and is the closest to the cities. 394W to 101S. You can't miss it grin.gif

What the heck is a walleye tongue.gif Wayzata bay has pretty clear water with weeds growing in 18 feet, but maybe not just yet. I've heard in the spring fish typical walleye structure (read that on here) sunken reefs, points, etc..

Otherwise I have a good tip, but I better not post it. Well I wanna help, but I can't blurb it out to all the lurkers on here.

Oh that's right there's no PM feature here. Bummer.

Well in any case Tonka is loaded with walleyes, but it ain't no Mille Lacs. If you have a gps with map chip you don't need me.

Put your email on here and I'll give ya a tip - I hope I see it in time though.

Thanks for the tips, my email is [email protected] I really would like to get back up to Mille Lacs but the gas is really taking a bite! mad.gif

EBass, you willing to help get me of the Tonka Eye schnei too(1 cigar in 3 years of searching)? No problem if you wanna keep it close to the vest - totally understand. [email protected]

thanks either way,

KT

I agree with KTroller, if you don't want to I see your point but would appreciate a hint [email protected] I've never fished tonka, but would love to get into it since gas is way outta line.