Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michfish

First timer to Rainy Lake

7 posts in this topic

Hello

I will be arriving to Rainy lake on May 26. We have reserved a houseboat from Northernaire. I was hoping you guys could point me in the direction of getting a good map (online) and where I could get a fishing report for the area. Also if you wanted to throw in any other tips I would apperciate it.

Thanks in advance

IM NOT THE EXPERT ON THAT AREA, BUT I THINK NORTHERNAIRE WILL PROBABLY HAVE GREAT MAPS FOR YOU, THE ONLINE 1 FROM VOYAGERS NATL PARK SITE YOU COULD PRINT BUT THERES NOT ENOUGH DETAIL ON THAT MAP TO USE.

Michfish,

Northernaire does have good charts provided and they also have maps with fishing spots on them. Dick is knowledgable about the water and fishing so he is a great help as well. However if you want to purchase a map for your own purpose we sell a variety of great maps at Rainy Lake One Stop. Whether you need a laminated one for long term use or just a cheap one to get you through the trip.

As for the fishing report keep an eye on this site for up to date information. I also keep a up-to-date fishing report on my website. Click on the link below and check out reports/news.

If you have any further questions we will be happy to help you!

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing.

I bought the Navionics Gold - Great Lakes West chip for my trip in a couple weeks. Hopefully that one has good coverage for Northwest Bay.

Don't know about the gold chip when I looked at it a couple of years ago, it didn't seem to be that detailed for rainy, but the one I use is the premium north which has great detail for southern canada plus MN, WI, Dakotas, Iowa and I believer MI. it shows rocks awash and similar detail that is on the canadian maps.

you might want to compare them.

Bitz

Thanks alot for the info Tear'n

I was hoping to find a map that would show me the locations you guys talk about on this forum. If you know of one beside the National park one please let me know.

Great site by the way .

Mich

Would you settle for a Visa # and an expiration date?