Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Holm

The Crew went Fishin Report - 5/18/07 (3 pics added)

18 posts in this topic

7 of us hitup one our Rochester area reservoirs last night. It was a great evening for fishing. Temp was perfect and wind was wimpy.

Everybody caught fish both big and small. All plastics. None of us had live bait. We caught 1 white sucker, a few pumpkinseeds, several largemouth bass, ~40 gills, ~75 white crappies, and ~25 black crappies. Just about all our gills were at or over 8” with the largest going 8.75” and lots of bullish color in some and bellies on others. Nearly all our white crappies were total dinks, but they were fun. I went 6 casts in a row with fish, followed by 1 blank, then 4 in a row again (freelining a 2” pink/white Exude Twister). We had a dozen or so black crappies that were 9-10.5”

The preferred method of the gills was small plastics under a float (I used Culprit paddletails on 1/32oz collarless jigs). Often times they would hit it right as soon as the bobber stood up. I think the drop motivated them. Crappies took the same presentation and enjoyed the twister tail freeline as well.

All fish were released.

I saw loads of gill beds, but the fish were not actively on them last night. I’m not exactly sure why, but they could be found out a little deeper than their beds.

It was nice fishing with everybody last night. Several of these guys had never fished this particular body of water until last night, but I have a feeling they will all be coming back soon.

I lucked out on tics with NONE and was happy about that.

The Crew: Nate L, Shawn G, Ryan D, Alex W, and the Andies

10.5"

andyv_crappie.jpg

A 8"+ double

ty_ryan_gills.jpg

Look at whose is bigger

ty_andya_gills.jpg

Quote:

Nearly all our white crappies were total dinks

I have a guess where you were at with the above statement.........are u always prepared? Its always been frustrating that those whites dont get bigger in there.

I dropped in a few pics.

Somebody please point out something funny in at least one of the pics.

Enjoy.

Quote:

OK....Nice Rugbymunchkin hanging off your left hip pocket in the last pic. I gotta get me one of those. tongue.gif

You know, I think there is something goofy in everyone of those pics!! How bout me checking out Ty's MONSTER!! Or how bout Ty's true demonic self coming out in the second one... I do think that my fish was bigger though. grin.gif

Thanks for the pics Tyler. And thanks to everyone for making it a fun time.

There were a couple other guys out there that were from here also. Sorry I didn't come over to meet you guys. Next time!

Hey Crazyice! Peek-a-boo!!!

The guy in the last photo on the right reminds me of "Wilson" from Tool Time.....

I think double A is trying to impersonate Wilson from Home Improvement.

The main thing that I noticed was that my crappie could have ate those bluegills.

Hey Doc, ya beat me to it! smile.gif

Quote:

Quote:

OK....Nice Rugbymunchkin hanging off your left hip pocket in the last pic. I gotta get me one of those. tongue.gif

You notice him flexin? Gritin' teeth and all!

Almost kinda looks like a deleted scene from "One flew over the cukoo's nest"

went out there to give it a try again last nite with pretty good results, between my and my cousion we reeled in around 30 or so nice sunnys the biggest going just a hair over 9", only a few crappies though and they were dinks, as usuall for this body of water the crappies all came right at sunset, also had a few bass, the pink/white minimite with a waxie was what the gills wanted with all the crappies coming on blue/chartruse paddeltails, my cousion also did well with a black and gold floating rapala

I have to remain mysterious!! Don't want everyone to know that they are out there with an expert, and for sure can't let on that I am an expert! It is all part of my master plan! grin.gif

Wow...those are quite the pictures. I don't even want to know what Rugbyguy is doing in the background of that last picture. shocked.gif

Quote:

Wow...those are quite the pictures. I don't even want to know what Rugbyguy is doing in the background of that last picture.
shocked.gif

blush.gif

Also, i figured Tyler would post that picture and I told my wife I was working!! grin.gif That way she would know it was me if she saw the picture!!