Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

5/17 Report

3 posts in this topic

I made it over to the big lake today for the first time this season. I couldn't sleep very well last night because of a "hot" report from a guy that does some guiding with us. We got on the water at 8:30 ish and fished until 4:00 p.m.. Great day, fishing was O.K.. We caught 12 or 13 and kept 7. The 5 or 6 that went back were 22-27 inchers, not many lakes around where you can do that and still feel like it was just an O.K. outing. The guy that had me so hyped last night stopped by today and said it was much slower, most likely because of the 180 degree wind switch. Lindy's and leeches caught them all and we fished the shore break in 18-24 feet. I think I will be back at them again tomorrow.

Walleyedan

Fished Lakeside Reef on the East Side today (northern-most hump and southern-most hump)and both of us got our slot limits between 8:30 and 2:30, plus (3) 12" perch. We didn't catch a single throwback, every fish was in the slot and they were all 17, 18 or 19 inches. Fifteen feet of water, with slip bobbers and leeches (plain hook outfished chartreuse jighead 6-2).

Fished Fischer's yeasterday. Got kind of a late start and didn't get fishing until 8:00 am. We got two there and moved to the Sand around 10:30. We probably saw a total of 10 fish caught at Fischer's.

Fished near Carlsona, 19-24 ft with 7-8 ft snells, either a plain red hook, or red hook with a glow bead. Ended up keeping 8 fish for 3 people. 16-19" with most being 18-19.

Threw back 3 one 23 / 22 1/2 & a 21. Wish the wind would have kicked in just a little more. It picked up a little more from 3-4:30, seemed to "trigger" the fish. A good day just to be out.

Looking to head out again next week.