Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frydaddy

Here kitty kitty kitty

9 posts in this topic

Well, It was too nice to stay at work this afternoon so I took the afternoon off and headed to Chester Woods in search of a Channel Cat. I tried 3 spots with no luck but on my fourth spot I finally got one, a nice 22 incher. About 45 minutes later I had another hit....25 incher. Both fish were FAT and great fun. I was fishing from about 2pm to 6pm so not exactly prime catfish hours but it worked.

These fish were a lot of fun and I will definately be back out there again.

502721020_7c964da254_b.jpg

502721016_dade222545_b.jpg

NICE!!!

Way to go man! What were you using for bait? Them are some really nice ones frydaddy! cool.gif

Way to go man! Looks like fun for sure! I would love to get out there and look for some of those myself.

Nice fish frydaddy. I've caught a few of those kittys myself out there.

On saturday June 2nd I am directing a trail race out to Chester Woods. I could use a few more people at a water stop if anybody is interested please contact me. Chester Woods is having a Catfishing seminar that night at 7:00 PM. This would make for a really fun day

CATFISHIN'- Sat., June 2nd at 7:00pm

"Kids, have you ever seen a Chester Lake channel cat? Come and help us catch the largest predator in the lake, some up to 30 inches long and 14 lbs. Please bring your own fishing equipment and dress for this all-weather event. We will provide the bait. Meet at the kiosk by the boat ramp parking lot. All ages"

Jim Mason

jmason@greenway.coop

That's totally awesome fryD. WoW, that 25"er is a brute. Lots of blubber there. NICE! Both those buggers are nice.

Nice work on putting your mind to "trying something new" and following through with it. And you caught some. Great!

My cattin days are just around the corner. As soon as the panfish spawn is over and the bite goes south, I'll start grabin for the stinky baits.

Quote:

Nice fish frydaddy. I've caught a few of those kittys myself out there.

On saturday June 2nd I am directing a trail race out to Chester Woods. I could use a few more people at a water stop if anybody is interested please contact me. Chester Woods is having a Catfishing seminar that night at 7:00 PM. This would make for a really fun day

CATFISHIN'- Sat., June 2nd at 7:00pm

"Kids, have you ever seen a Chester Lake channel cat? Come and help us catch the largest predator in the lake, some up to 30 inches long and 14 lbs. Please bring your own fishing equipment and dress for this all-weather event. We will provide the bait. Meet at the kiosk by the boat ramp parking lot. All ages"

Jim Mason

I wish I could make this event but unfortunately I will be in Colorado on a White Water Rafting weekend spree. I saw it on the calendar last year too, but also was out of town for it. Maybe next year…

Good Luck with it Jim

Tyler,

I see that you and some of the other guys from the forum are headed over to mankato for the flathead get together. I wish I could make it but i'll be in the BWCA for my annual trip. I'd love to hit the mississippi sometime and try for flathead........if you ever one to make a trip and have some ideas of where to try i'd be up for it. Although i think i need to get a heavy pole........i really dont have anything beyond a medium with 8lb test which is what i caught the channels and carp on and boy those channels had my pole bent in half.

Quote:

Tyler,

I see that you and some of the other guys from the forum are headed over to mankato for the flathead get together. I wish I could make it but i'll be in the BWCA for my annual trip. I'd love to hit the mississippi sometime and try for flathead........if you ever one to make a trip and have some ideas of where to try i'd be up for it. Although i think i need to get a heavy pole........i really dont have anything beyond a medium with 8lb test which is what i caught the channels and carp on and boy those channels had my pole bent in half.

Yep, I'm quite sure we'll make that Kato gathering. (Rugby and I are hiting the BWCA the following Wed-Sun.. Can't wait for that). Might have to get the rundown from you when you return from the BWCA.

Next time I'm heading out flattin, I'll put you in the loop.

Your pole... Well, I'm not convinced that you need quite as heavy of a setup(s) as I have (8' MH KingCat Pro with 80# Power Pro), but I think you'll want to go a little heavier than you have. My concern would be that you put in a night trip or two and if you happen to hook one, then loose it because your equipment failed, that's a bummer. You don't get many chances with those flats so when you get one, you want to be prepared with the right gear. Plus tackle is kinda spendy especially with 8# line. I've got some extra gear that you could certainly borrow. No prob there.

Frydaddy, that looks like a great time. What were you using for bait to get those kitties?