Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishing_High

Q for Jonah

12 posts in this topic

Hey I was wondering when you were starting work at the bait shop for the summer. My buddy who has a cabin on long made his first venture to Mantrap and had a bunch of follows and a couple nice ski's. But were going to trap sat. morning and were thinking of stopping in to the bait shop early wanted to see if you could point us in the right direction.

Hey Guys,

Just to give you a heads up Muskie fishing doesn't start

till June 2nd.

Be Careful...

as Scorp said it doesnt open till June so if you are fishing up there be careful. Mike Lawrence the area C.O. is pretty strict and will come down hard if he thinks you are targeting Muskies. But to answer your question i will be home on Tuesday and i start work on wednesday morning. sorry i won't be around but hopefully we can cross paths sometime this summer. Jonah

Hey thanks for the heads up we know about they are off limits now he got his two muskies on a a jig head and grub, i will be probably fishing for pike myself with spinners and minnows. Are there walleye in trap. I'm sure we will cross paths i usually fish walleye and bass on long once or twice a month ill stop in and say hey.

I've heard of one Walleye caught on Mantrap in 20 years that I've worked at Wonewok. It was a 29" fish.

Wonewok have any jobs available??? grin.gifgrin.gif

arch- Everything is filled with contract workers nowadays.

Very few fulltime job openings confused.gif

Quote:

arch- Everything is filled with contract workers nowadays.

Very few fulltime job openings
confused.gif

That would explain why you never see anything on JIS. grin.gif

Nick

Not to take over this thread, but are there any pictures of Wonewok that a low level newbee is allowed to see or are they all classified and for GWB's eye's only?

Since I've started here, I've heard quite a few rumors about the place. It is like a mystical location to some people!

Quote:

Not to take over this thread, but are there any pictures of Wonewok that a low level newbee is allowed to see or are they all classified and for GWB's eye's only?

Since I've started here, I've heard quite a few rumors about the place. It is like a mystical location to some people!

I don't know if I've seen pictures ... but I sure have been by the doc a time or two.

Nick

Oh the sights are wonderful!