Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1775tiller

Independence Walleyes

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any look fishing walleyes on Independence yet.Haven't been out there this year but have caught some nice ones out there in the past.Just wondering if it is worth the trip to head out there and catch a few and release them.

Haven't been out there this year yet or heard much but have had luck out there in the past trolling shad raps just south of the island in the evening. I would think that the point on the east and west about halfway up from the landing would be good spots to try. I'll be out there in the AM checking it out. Anyone have any luck out there yet? It's nice to get out there before you have to worry about getting hit in the head with a bulldog, bucktail or run over by a ski boat or jet ski. grin.gif

KT

ktroller thanks let me know how you do.I was going to go out tonight but didn't want to deal with the wind.So I will probably head out there monday or tuesday.In the past I have fished down by the old camp which I believe is on the north side.

Unfortunately plans got scrapped because my girlfriend woke up sick this AM. Hopefully can get out soon. I'm guessing this morning was a good bite with all the clouds and that nice SSW wind

KT