• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Calling Gene, Gene the Cubbie Loving Machine

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Hey Geno,

It's looking like May will be Silver and Black once again. Lots riding on this weekend. Care to make a side bet, maybe to cover your upcoming loss??? Hee Hee

Let's say an additional one week avatar bet if either team sweeps, but you have to agree to it at The Cell as well as Wiggly Field! Bet???

Windy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• genegodawa

• Spinner1

• mnwild

Hey Geno,

Look's like "Flukie" did it again. 3-2 record, 3.18 ERA, compared to the great YO-Han, 4-4 record 3.26 ERA. I don't know Geno. Are you still going with the Fluke label???

Windy

Hey Geno,

You mentioned you wanted Aardsma back, you can have him after the way he tossed yesterday but you have to keep Cotts with him and let him keep tossing those beachballs up to my beloved Pale Hose. I guess AJ got back for the grand salami that D Lee hit.

Windy

Quote:

Hey Geno,

Look's like "Flukie" did it again. 3-2 record, 3.18 ERA, compared to the great YO-Han, 4-4 record 3.26 ERA. I don't know Geno. Are you still going with the Fluke label???

Windy

Don't mean to get in the middle of the whole "South-Side, North-Side" battle here, (BTW-North Side Rules) but Johans team can't score him any runs.

Where's Geno? I was looking forward to a little Monday morning civil war smack talk. Good series guys. Gotta love Wrigley, where pitchers are required to check their ERA at the door.

Spent the weekend away at my sis' place chasing pannies and cats and didn't get to see any of the series.....but I did hear something about how on Sunday the WSox were gonna try to make the Cubs keep their brooms in the closet?????

If only the Cubbies could have swept, I would have gladly taken a little side-action Windy. (I'll trade you Wuertz for Aardsma and gladly keep Cotts over Lohman).

• 2 weeks later...

Well Geno, my friend,

Here sits ole Windy on his 48th birthday and all the presents have been opened...except 1. As I look at my trusty Chicago Tribune (the only conservative paper in The Windy) and I glance at the sports page, I see one thing....

WE SUCK LESS THAN YOU!! Pay up old man, let's see that shiny black and silver Championship ring for the next week!!!

Blah Ha Ha Ha

Windy

I don't know there Windy. If the Sox lose tonight, then I believe both teams would have won the same number of games in May so i call it a tie then, don'tcha think? And by virtue of the 2 out of 3 the Cubbies took from the WSox, I would get the tiebreaker, no?

Riddle me this oh wise one. How do you consider a team that is .500 to be equal to one that is 7 games under. Stop sippin your Cubbie Kool-Aid from your Ron Santo mug and pay up old man, before I send Tony Soprano up to Elmhurst to "enlighten" you...LOL!

Windy

PS Geno,

Remember this is a cumulative bet as stated in the original proposition. It is not a month to month deal. Sox have a better record in April, you pay. Sox still have a better record in May, you pay. Your boys have to catch mine and pass them for me to pay. Let's see that shiny black and silver flying over Elmhurst!!!

Windy

Windy,

Talk about sippin' cool-aid? Like the Twin fans have asked, "what are you smokin'"?

I really do not remember it being a cumulative bet. That wouldn't make sense because if one team got a big lead to start the season the other would never catch them and would lose every month then thereby taking the fun out of it. Point me to chapter and verse of our bet please....otherwise, I may choose to welch no matter who you send to enlighten me.

Geno,

Care to double the bet if I have to wade thru all the old posts then I should be rewarded for my effort. It was a cumulative bet and I was very specific about it. What the heck are you doing complaining about paying off the bet, the last time you did your Cubbies went on a streak didn't they? .490 vs .430....PAY THE FIDDLER Geno!

Windy

OK Geno,

Please refer the thread named What A Start to The Season that was created by none other than Gene Gene The Welching Machine (don't make me put that moniker on your permanent record Geno)

Pay Up!

Windy

PS

I'll see you at the end of June when your next installment will be due. Don't make me put the "juice" on your loan!

Windy

I am not gonna welch - my mistake for accepting.

So Cubs gotta make up 6 games in 30 days?

Now you see why I never should have accepted "cumulative".

Lucky for me it is not for ca$h.

It's all good, Geno. You are indeed a man of your word. Misguided with your love of the Cubbies, but a man of your word. Thanks for the belated birthday present.LOL

Windy

Windy go on vac? All week with nary a word about the Barrett/Zambrano tangle or the LouP suspension???????

One more day with this goofy avatar!

Oh yeah, is it true Buerhle has now gone 7 starts since his no-no without a victory?

Sorry Geno,

Short business trip, just got back in town tonight. I guess I missed my chance at some prime fodder, eh? I think Lou is going to be Lou and the melt down was inevitable, however, the Barrett and Zam-Brain-NO situation is another thing. I think one of these guys will be gone after next year and I would guess that it would be the Brain-Less Wonder Carlos. What a piece of work, he has to be one of the biggest tools in the shed IMHO! It was kind of funny though. Both teams seem to be wading in mediocrity this year. We shall see how this month ends, but you might have a shot at actually winning a month, who knows. I have no faith in my beloved this season, they seem to be going thru the motions. I guess we can still say, there is a long way to go or we can use the line the Cubbies are famous for....WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

Windy

What? No answer to my question?

Not much to write about for sure, including the Twin fans. At least the Cubs are in a weak div so I don't have to resort to your "wait till next year" yet. But being out 9, I understand why you feel that way.

I leave tonight for Cass and have a bet with a Cardinal fan that the Cubs would be ahead of them on Mon the 11th. Looks like it is gonna be close.

So are you saying you would rather be the strongest of the weak or the weakest of the strong? Not sure which is better. You better watch your avatar betting there Geno, you may be writing checks you can't cash!

Windy

If the Cubs take the CitySeries at the Cell, you might be writing the check this month.

And if my Grandma had a "johnson" she'd be my Grandpa!

Windy

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and if the WSox hadn't gone 2-8 in their last 10, the Cubs wouldn't have a better winning pct today!

Oh Geno,

You may have spoken too soon! Here you are feeling all friskie about your Cubbies and they have exactly the same number of losses as my beloved Pale Hose and you are about to lose D Lee for being an (Contact Us Please) for a few games, what kind of a girly punch was that from ole Derrick?

The only thing they have going for them is having played 3 extra games. There are a bunch of games left in June and the real series starts Friday. You may have opened the pie hole just a tad early there old boy! LOL

Windy

The white sux have really gone down hill since the twins swept them. Nothing is better than watching the sux struggle tongue.gif

Twins aren't much better... Too much of an up and down team this year and I don't think they will repeat last years performance.. They sweep the Braves then get beat 2 out of 3 to the Brewers. I can't wait to see what happens in NY and Florida, gonna be interesting. Just my opinion on that.

Hey Geno,

Watching that brawl the other day, what was Zambrano thinking trying to take off his belt?? Was he going to use it as a whip on the other players?? I bet you that's what his thought process was.

MNWild,

didn't get to see any of the games because I was on my week's fishing trip to Cass....typical baseball brawl from what I heard though. It's still early...don't give up on the Twins yet. Now Windy, being 10 1/2 behind, CAN give up on his WSux though.

Windy,

blah blah blah....sheesh, turn the page already will ya?

Like I said, the Cubs have a better winning pct TODAY. I don't think you should open YOUR piehole until that changes.

Wild,

I think Zam-Brain-NO was trying to get his switchblade out of his pocket and had to loosen his belt to do that, what an (Contact Us Please). He just keeps getting funnier and funnier to watch. It was funny but I was watching the game down in Florida with my father in law and I called the Branyon homer and I even called the field. I told him on the 3-2 count, here it goes, homer to left and it was GONE, another Cubbie loss.

Windy

A Switchblade, funny...

Knowing him I wouldn't doubt it one bit, that guy is a crazy as they come.

That was a good one Windy.

At least Cubfans have someone they like and want to see do good, not like that dick-for AJ nobody likes on the SSide.

PS Glad to see you are keeping that piehole closed today.