Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random guy

43" INCHER

22 posts in this topic

Who said pike won't bite during a cold front and heavy wind? wink.gif

I found this gal in deeper water using a slow and steady crankbait presentation.

Sorry the pic is bad, I was by myself,it was 38 degrees, three-four foot whitecaps as the sun was just breaking the trees and I wanted that fish back in the water as soon as possible. When I had to pull the frozen cover of the boat at 4am I figured it was going to be a tough morning.

43pikefm4.jpg

Nice Pike Jonny.

Always a blast fightin those. cool.gif

beautiful fish Jonny!!! man they grow big in those waters....hopefully I can get up there during the open water!!

Wow, I bet you got some big fillets off that puppy. grin.gif Just kiddin'. Jon, did you get that fishing quiz that I e-mailed you? You have to get a perfect score to be a fishing guide. tongue.giftongue.gif

Jon quit eating Northerns when he found out how good Muskie tastes! tongue.gif hehehe J/K of course...

Seriously, AWESOME fish Jon! Wished I was up there doing the same thing... 3'ers and all!

You know the next person who hooks up with that pike will be a 6 year old with a snoopy rod! grin.gif

Good Luck!

Ken

Hopefully this doesnt scare you too much but man you look like your old man. grin.gif

At least you will not find me dressed in my wool pants and wool coat in May. I feel like asking Jon if he got it on a tip-up. grin.gif

I have less built in insulation then you. shocked.giflaugh.gif

Less hair to.

Quote:

I feel like asking Jon if he got it on a tip-up.
grin.gif

Well... there is no water in the photo so I wouldn't rule out Jonny pulling the Crestliner onto the ice with Sexy truck and watching tip-ups.

Nice fish Jon!!

And whats with that haircut? Did you forget to wear your Harvard pull-over that day? lol grin.gif

(I better shut-up or he wont post anymore pictures)

Quote:

And whats with that haircut? Did you forget to wear your Harvard pull-over that day? lol
grin.gif

(I better shut-up or he wont post anymore pictures)

Ok you jokers; I have had the same haircut since the armed forces gave me that killer do in "93"...only problem is the hair part gets smaller and smaller every year. It is not very often I am spotted without my hat.

Jonny, Red Lake would be a pretty boring place if you weren't around there! grin.gif

Great fish Jon.. Way to start off the pike season!!!

Nice fish Jon its good to see your still alive Jason N

Yup, still alive. Although these jokers will have you believe I am getting skinny, going bald, suffer night chills and get my seasons confused...wait, that is happening...I better go see doctor. shocked.gifcrazy.gif

What branch of the Military Jonny P?

Air Force

Jon, you did come and see me this week, don't you recall? Maybe you are beyond my help. Jon does add alot of spark to the area but there are quite-a-few other characters around these parts that can keep the party rollin. PASS TABASCO & MEZCAL cool.gif

Beautiful fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup on Sunday, you saved my hide and had a Lakemaster chip pulled and ready at Dr. Tackle...to bad I pulled a doofus move and mounted the puck in a bad spot. I still spent the day looking around clients heads trying to see the other mapping unit. crazy.gif

Never said I was very bright.

The

The.....? (End?)