Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dodger31

Choices...so many choices

3 posts in this topic

My group is wondering where to fish June 12-16th. We are staying on Big Jessie with Tim and Rita. Should we concentrate on Jessie, Bowstring and Sand or make a few trips to Big Winnie? We will have 3 1/2 days to fish. It has been years since I have open water fished this area. Any suggestions on which lakes to hit this time of year would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dodger

your on the right lake for that time of year

Having those choices is a good problem. Some vacationing people are not so fortunate to be able to access such good/great fishing lakes with in a 20 minute radius.

I am assuming you are trying to target walleyes, if so, all of those mentioned lakes should be good choices during mid-June. Tim will help point you in the right direction on Big Jessie. If things are slow, don't hestite in moving to a new lake during the same day. Bowstring and Sand Lake are with in 10 minutes of drive time from Big Jessie.

I would definately target at least one day on Winnie and/or Cut Foot Sioux. Choose the less windy day (need some chop) so you don't get blow off the lake.

Another favorite choice of mine, for early June, would be Moose Lake, north of Deer River. Good luck and let us know how your group faired.

Woollman