Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishmarket

lake level from last summer

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone estimate the current water level compared to last summer? Great to hear fish catching stories, keep them coming!

I estimate that the lake is still downaround one foot from normal.

We gained around 8" to 10" this spring from last falls level.

Cliff

thanks, Cliff...curious because the lake was down a foot from the year before, so that would make it almost 2 feet lower than 2005...is that right? Either way it wont bother us when we come up in June!! Cant wait to hit those smallies.

Anyone know the water temp from the last few days? Frazer Bay area? Seems pretty cold up there (and here in the Cities) which will probably negate Memorial Weekend swimming. Also, any measurable rain in the last few days?

Thanks

The water temp. in Big Bay has been averaging around 54 - 55 degrees all week. The shallower bays have been around 56-58 degrees.

We have gotten a little rain, but as far as I know the burning restrictions are still in force here.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff. We were at 58 1/2 degrees last weekend and the rain guage showed very little rain.

I have seen temps up around 60 in the greenwood bay area out into the main channel of the lake. We have received over an inch or rain this morning. The thunderstorm stalled out over top of us and let its rain loose. Still raining right now...

I see a flash flood warning has been issued, this should take care of the fire danger?!?!

It will help the fire danger but not necessarily eliminate it. The rain came to fast and although some soaked in, a lot of it just ran off. Will have to watch the fire indicators and see where they go. It would only take a day or 2 of that dry warm air and we could be right back into it again.

Any updates on total rain amounts? Any damage in Frazer Bay area?

2.25 total from yesterday and last night...more rain just starting...no damage that I have heard of...