Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deerfishin

Clear lake

44 posts in this topic

Anyone been out to Clear Lake Waseca yet, or heard any good reports? Im gonna give the night bite a try tonight. Hopefully ill have something to report tomorrow.

I haven't been down there for a few weeks and it was cold with no bites. Let us know how you do, I would like to know if the bites picked up at all.

went out last night after work 230 am till bout 630am. Nothing but sunfish couldnt keep them off leeches. Switched to fat heads never got another bite.thinkin the thirty degree temp difference in two days might have shut the walleyes down a little.

Anyone been out this weekend on Clear? Curious if the bite has picked up on the crappies.

I was out on Clear today, 12-5 pm. Caught a few crappies, lots of sunfish. Crappies were in around 6' of water mixed in with the sunfish. Caught everything on wax worms.

gonna give it another go after work tonite. Hopefully the scattered t-storms today didnt make a difference...a guy has got to think positive right???

Looking for an update on this lake. Going to head down this weekend. Haven't been down since early spring. How's the panfish bite? Anyone know they name of the bait shop in the gas station across form Walmart?

The Bait Shop is called the Sportsmans Stop. Great Place, Good luck fishing.

I HAVE BEEN ON A GREAT EYE BITE OUT THERE WITH LOTS OF BASS MIXED IN TOOK VACATION LAST WEEK NEVER LEFT TOWN OVER 50 EYES UP TO 8 POUNDS MOST WERE 15 - 18 IN 30-40 BASS A DAY 2 THAT WENT 6 POUNDS WHO NEEDS MILLACS HAHA

Hey blubill, will to share an idea where to look for the eyes? Never caught any on this lake. You can email me at s_e_hendricks@comcast.net if you don't wanna post here.

call me 507-351-7323 im heading out in the morning

sandmannd did you make it out today my wife and i didnt get any eyes friday im going to try monday night and all day tuesday

We did get out. Didn't get to use your pointers though. We were going after the pannies first. Bites constantly but had a hard time getting them to hook. Came home with a few. Good time on that little lake. Used to more action though.

Any word on the pannies here in the last week or so? Might head down on Sunday.

Hey bluebill I live right in Waseca I was wondering if you would be willing to share a little more info about the eye bite on Clear at deeda9@earthlink.net I here their are alot of eyes out their but I cant seem to every find them.Any info I would greatly appreciate thanks alot

oneeye call me early goose starts in a week then bow season ond then duck i think i will only fish one more week until iceup i got 3 this morning 14-17 in still swiming heading to tetonka for the reast of the day

just wanted to let everyone that uses the lake that might not know. The bass are all catch and release. I'm not pointing any fingers, so if your looking to criticize me save your breath.

It used to be plainly posted at each landing. It has been this way for at least 10 years. I'd call tip if I saw anyone keeping them out there. Ignorance is no defense, but this may be a good reminder for everyone to make sure of special lake regulations when planning an outing.

Stll posted all ocer the lake as to catch and release for Bass, but still every year i see people doing it weather from shore or boats, makes me sick.

Just wondering if there is any new info out there about clear Lake in Waseca? Hav been out there twice now in the last week and have gotten completely skunked. I will admit I am not the worlds best fisherman but I mean really. I have always had good luck out there in the winter and fair luck in the summer until this year. I know that there is eyes out there as my buddie and I always get a few during hard ice, but whats the best way to get them going in the summer /fall? Any help would be great, my 5 1/2 year old has really gotten into fishing theis year and I would love to get a few bigger ones for him. Thanks for any replies!!

tipup try the northend out from the golf course road on the rock bar cast perch color shad raps or an crankbait with a oarnge belly they are still going in a few weeks your can pound them from shore a little west of there with minnows and a floating jighead when the move in therethey stay untill iceup i may get out friday late morning after goose hunting call if you want to go 1-507-351-7323 good luck

Thanks for the info!!! Would love to go but I work Fri-Mondays. Went out Tues afternoon, no luck with the eyes but I did get a 32" 7 lbs pike on the south end by where the redid the outlet by Barneys, biggest pike on that lake that i have caught. let him go so maybe he will be around for ice fishing this winter!!! Will have to try the south end.

GREAT I GOT A 42IN PICE 2 YEARS AGO MY BIGGEST I LET HIM GO TO WHEN THE WATER COOLS A LITTLE MORE LOOK FOR MY RANGER TRUCK ON THE NORTHEND

I will keep my eyes open also will keep everyone filled in on whats going on with fish at the lake

I have been hearing that there was alot of boats out on the lake last night after dark. Anyone know anything? Fish going off or what?