• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vermilion Food & Fuel and Tackle shop

Please welcome Dave and his crew at the Vermilion Food & Fuel in Tower, Mn. they have groceries,gas,diesel, pop, bait,and tobacco products on hand for all your needs.

They also have fresh bait delivered twice a week to keep you in fresh bait. ther is plenty of parking space also for your rigs when you stop in.

Again, Welcome Vermilion Food & fuel and Tackle shop. They also have a online store.

Take a look here-- http://www.vermiliontackle.com/servlet/StoreFront

Dave,

Welcome to FM! laugh.gif

I can attest to the fact that Vermilion Food and Fuel has the largest and best tackle and bait selection in the area!

Every thing in your store is fine tuned for the fishing demands on Lake Vermilion and the surrounding area lakes! laugh.gif

Cliff

I was in there this winter ( around BBash time ) and as I was loitering around the outdoor gear area, a man taking inventory approached me & asked several questions regarding fishing, the store, what I would like to see in the store & to say that he is a new partner there ( I believe he was from Duluth area ).

I know there is alot going on as far as new buisness in the area including the new hardware & lumber but I will support the new owners at VF&F because of the interest he showed in me as a fisherman.

Later -CLoma

Thank you Cloma for stopping in, I hope that you always get a positive experience from stopping at the store. It's been great getting to know and meet all of the fisherman/fisherwoman who have come through and stopped to talk.

Ask for me or Steve next time you're in, I'd like to try and meet as many people from fishingminnesota as possible!

Thanks Cliff,

You and many of the others in the Tower area have made having this store a great experience. I look forward to a great future in this GREAT location.

I can check if my bait dealer has redtail chubs, haven't seen any but if you are going to be coming up, call or email me and I'll see if I can get some for you.

Vermilion Food and Fuel is located in downtown Tower.

Cliff

Quote:

I can check if my bait dealer has redtail chubs, haven't seen any but if you are going to be coming up, call or email me and I'll see if I can get some for you.

Thank you!

I'll call Thursday. What are your hours Friday and Saturday?

Hey Dave, are you going to have any rainbows for this weekend? smile.gif

I have to thrw in my $.02 too.

The service that I got at VF&F on opening weekend was awesome!. I normally went there to begin with, but I'll be making sure of it from now on! I got great healthy, lively minnows, and the price was what I expected. Nice to hear when I talked to my cousin that another shop had run out of rainbows on FRIDAY, and VF&F had enough to lasat the weekend, as far as I know. Better planning, better bait...

And great service too.

I broke my oldest daughter's rod when I was loading the boat. Since she fishes very little, I was looking for something inexpensive, but still going to catch a few for her, and I was guided toward a perfect combo. Thye price was right, she loves the color.. (I guess that's important when you're 15? laugh.gif) and it brought in her first walleyes of the year. I also liked the advice she was given.. "Hey, if dad broke the rod, you should ask for the best one in the store"... I have to say that she agreed, but mom said no to that one.."*whew* cool.gif To put a smile on her face in the store is hard to do, but it was done with that statement! Thanks again.. see you all soon!

We will be starting our summer hours beginning this week, so Friday's and Saturday's we will be open from 6:00 a.m. until Midnight. All other days, 6:00 a.m. until 10 p.m.

Thanks for the business and since I've never carried RedTail chubs before, have you had better luck with them, than with rainbows? I always like to find out new things. Again, I've not seen red tails in any of the bait shops that I've stopped at around here, but have a call in to my bait supplier today.

Muskieswen,

It has been difficult to get the big quantities of rainbows like we did last year, sounds like a lot of the bait folks are having a difficult time finding them. I take as many rainbows as I can get from each of my bait suppliers, I think I'll still be good through this weekend. I get my bait on Thursdays and Sundays, so I'm hopeful I'll have plenty!

Slick,

Thank you for the kind words, however in the future we would prefer that you don't let your wife have any say in our sales pitch to your daughter about the quality of fishing rod she should get when it has been broken grin.gif

I'm glad that she caught some fish and am looking forward to seeing you and her back in the store.

LOL at sales pitch! My dad and I made the mistake of stopping at another place where they had run out of rainbows and I wasn't thrilled with the service. Should gone where we usually go and that's Vermillion Food and Fuel. You guys do a great job!

Quote:

We will be starting our summer hours beginning this week, so Friday's and Saturday's we will be open from 6:00 a.m. until Midnight. All other days, 6:00 a.m. until 10 p.m.

Thanks for the business and since I've never carried RedTail chubs before, have you had better luck with them, than with rainbows? I always like to find out new things. Again, I've not seen red tails in any of the bait shops that I've stopped at around here, but have a call in to my bait supplier today.

Thanks for the response Dave! Redtails are worth it IF one can find them. We come from the cook end and I've exhausted my leads their

There much more available near the headwaters of the mississippi as that is where they are prevalent and trapped I think.

There spendy. at least double the amount than rainbows. I've purchased them twice in the area the last couple years.

But would make the trip your way Friday night or early Saturday if you can get em'...as we are runnin errands...buying a kayak also on Saturday.

Bait deliveries are usually on Thursday so I would call as soon as possible!

Cliff

Dave.. believe me, I agreed with the pitch.. for selfish reasons, of course... I figured if I could talk her into one of those pretty Shimano's you've got that I could trade my daughter for one of my baitcasting rods that needs an update... but no such luck. Maybe for Father's Day... oh wait, I already asked for a Zander rod... oh well, maybe next time. cool.gif

Talked with my bait person, if they can get them he will let me know tomorrow/thursday. The bait person also mentioned that with the rain, it's possible they can get river chubs which sounded like a quasi red-tail. The price on the red tails looks to be about 7.50 / dozen if they can get them. I'm willing to try them and I'll let you know if he gets them for me.

Dave,

River chubs or creek chubs?

If they are creek chubs I would also like to get some! They are the best walleye bait I have found in this area! laugh.gif

Cliff

Quote:

Talked with my bait person, if they can get them he will let me know tomorrow/thursday. The bait person also mentioned that with the rain, it's possible they can get river chubs which sounded like a quasi red-tail. The price on the red tails looks to be about 7.50 / dozen if they can get them. I'm willing to try them and I'll let you know if he gets them for me.

That would be great. I'm in the market for 2 dozen laugh.gif

Just got off the phone with my bait dealer, he couldn't get any redtails, sorry about that.

Cliff,

He didn't have many creek chubs at this time, what size do you want on those, he said they go all the way from pike sucker size to light-heavy northern size on the creek chubs (also pretty expensive when he has them). He didn't have any today, but might get some this weekend (perhaps sunday).

Thanks dave. I'll be in on Friday for some bait. Would like to meet you if your there.

Thanks also Dave!

If the price is not to crazy I usually use the ones that are under 5 inches long at this time of the year.

Let me know what the price will be before you order any.

Chubs and rainbows are working fine right now.

Cliff

Is it Mr. Swen? Or can I call you Muskie? If the weather is halfway decent I think I'm going to try and get out fishing on Friday, I am going to be in on Sunday and Monday. If you stop in....the other person you should meet here is Steve, he has been the one who has set up the tackle area and we are always looking to find out what the Musky fisherman want us to stock for the season. If I don't catch you this Friday, hopefully we can catch up soon, of course if the weather is crummy I will probably be around!

I'll let you know Cliff before I order any, talking to the bait dealer he also said I'll probably need to install some covers on one of the tanks, because he said while the rainbows jump, the creekchubs and redtails LEAP. But I can let him know that we are interested in him getting some to try.