Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalleyeWarrior

Power to graph cutting out

4 posts in this topic

I've got my Lowrance LMS-332C hooked up to my starting battery and every time I start my big motor the graph's power flashes off for an instant. I know this isn't an ideal situation, but I thought it was better than hooking it up to my trolling motor batteries. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to get it it's own battery? Could I hook it up to my trolling batteries even though they are 24V? Thanks in advance for any advice.

When you start the outboard you get a heavy draw, enough to turn the sounder off. Sometimes when the battery isn't 100% that'll happen. Its best not to run anything off a starting battery for sake of better battery life.

My graph does the same thing sometimes when I start my motor and I have duel starting batteries that my motor is hooked to. Not to much you can do about it I guess.

Cliff

Buddy of mine had that happening with his 332. His battery was old and replacing it solved the problem. Might be something to think about.