Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vitt

Contruction on 64, south of Akeley?

9 posts in this topic

Is the construction all completed on 64 from Motley to Akeley? The last 2 years we have had a detour, I was hoping it was done.

Thank you,

Mike

it's been done since last year some time, you're all clear

Hey Vitt,

Your all clear sailing up to the crazies....

Beef

Just don't travel it at night. The deer are real thick in there and north of Walker on 371 as well.

I live in Akeley and yes the road is done. Not trying to tell you what to do but please take it easy on that road since its been fixed up people are driving crazy on it 75-80 is almost norm and the accident rate is really rising the locals that live along it have been calling to get it patroled more and when they are there they really hit you hard too I was told. take her easy and be safe and have fun.

Hawg, Have you heard any talk of replacing the culvert on 11th? I thought it was scheduled for an '08 replacement. We're seasonal up there, but just wondering if there was better info in town.

The new 64 is really nice, though those 2 years of detours were somewhat painful. I'll try to keep the speed sensible wink.gif

The talk in town here is that it is getting replaced with a bridge and open the lake back up close to the way it was before, 08 is the date but we know how that goes! sorry I didnt reply sooner havent been on in a few days

signs went up friday for work north of akeley on 64 they must be going to reserface the 16 miles they ground down last year

As another poster said, be careful of the deer. MNDOT had rye planted in areas, also clover and alfalfa. It must be for the tourists, very expensive at the body shops.

Ron