Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
CapnJack

After four trys...Finally!

CapnJack

Well it took 4 hunts but my first turkey fell to an arrow.

Hunted the D hunt and it all came together in a matter of a couple of hours. I went down on the first day ahead of my brother and buddy. Got to the spot I wanted to hunt at around 10:00 a.m. I positioned myself with 3 good sized trees in front of me with open field in front. I stuck a single hen tucked in close to the edge so they would have to be right on top of me before they saw it. Sat down on my folding chair and started calling...nothing for about 30 minutes then saw 3 birds crossing a field about 3-4 hundred yards off to the left. Called as loud as I could and they turned and started walking toward me. This was agonizing to watch them meander their way toward me at their good ole pace. Whenever they looked like they were losing interest I would give a couple of soft yelps and they would resume their slow march towards me. I lost sight of them just below a dip in the terrain for a few minutes and gave a few very soft yelps when all of a sudden they just popped up within 30 yards and walked direcly toward my decoy! At this point I was cramping up from not moving for what seemed like forever. Well forever lasted for another 15 minutes while 2 jakes and a big boy walked around my deke until they lost interest and finally started to move past one of my draw back trees.I waited until the 2 jakes passed the tree in front of me and when big boy's head was behind it I drew back and...immediately the jakes freaked out and ran about 20 yards out and did the head bob and weave but big boy didn't see what they saw. After maybe 2-3 minutes...seemed like an hour he finally stepped out right into the spot between the 20-30 yard pin and I let him have it. Wow, after a perfect shot right above the beard that sucker ran for about 10 yards and tried to fly before dropping like a rock. Only took about 5 minutes to find him. Then I almost had a heart-attack from the adrenaline rush, had to sit down for a few minutes. Talk about hyperventilating. This was WAY beyond catching a big muskie!

I should have started this turkey hunting thing before I reached the half century mark grin.gif 22 lbs. 9 inch beard 1 inch spurs. Steve

LABS4ME

Very Nice!!!

Great post! And you harvested a bow turkey w/o a blind... I'm envious!

Good Luck!

Ken

Borch

What a great hunt!!!

Congrats!

laugh.gif

HateHumminbird

Congrats, a turkey with a bow is a major feat to behold.

Joel

harvey lee

Congrats on the archery kill. It took me a few years to get that done. Also will be hard to go back to a gun after the archery harvest.

Again, Nice job. cool.gif