• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How many?

crappeyeslayer

I am thinki9ng of heading up this weekend to catch a few slabs and walleyes as well and I was just wonding if anyone could even kind of keep track of #'s of fish caught? I'm not looking for specific spots but general areas would be nice as I have never fished open water up there b4. Thanks to everyone in advance1!

Was there on the opener, 3 people from 1 pm - 7:30 - caught 15 walley - 0 crappie - Crappie's are really hard to come buy this year. 3rd trip without one. Walleys started biting around 3:30 for us.

Fished Monday with 3 friends in boat.

On the Lake about noon out of the public access in Waskish.

Went about 500 yards north of access and drifted south.

Every fish caught was marked on the GPS.

Caught 59 eyes, (1 was 29", released) 1-15# northern, 1 crappie and 2 sheephead.

1/4 oz. chrome color jig with either shiners or fatheads bouncing them off the bottom.

Left lake at 4:00.

Awesome day for us. This was all of our first trip to RED Lake during open water.

smile.gif

Way to go on the 29. Glad to hear there are some pigs still swimming around.