Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bubbadust

Orchard Lake

2 posts in this topic

I was out there last week (May 8th), but have been out of town since and unable to post a report. There were 2 of us and we were fishing exclusively with Mini Mites. We caught around 40 crappies in 2 hours, but the largest only went 9". All fish were released.

The fun part of the trip was that we caught back to back muskies on identical Mini Mites within 15 minutes of each other. Both measured 28", give or take a half inch and were VERY fat. We caught them with 4 pound test and 8 pound test lines. Another boat next to us caught one about the same time and another boat said they caught 2 of them a couple nights before. Also, I had never seen this before, but we had a few of them actually come out of the water around us chasing tiny sunfish! Neither of us had ever caught a muskie before so it was definitely a fun excursion!

Ya we seem to catch a few every year we are out there bass fishing but there is never any size to them still fun to catch. We also see alot of them jumping when we are out there. I remember when we used to go out there and catch some nice slab crappies not any more they are all like the one's you guys are catching, maybe in a few more years they will be big again just have to get more people to do C/R on them.