• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Monsters

Best opener I have ever had, I almost forgot there was fish like this in the metro area.

pike1tn5.jpg

pike2nq4.jpg

pike3wr2.jpg

We got 9 northerns all together, nothing less than 6lbs, biggest was 12. Bunch of bass also, nothing huge. Found them very shallow in weeds, spinnerbaits and sucker minnows both worked.

The only monsters I see there are those hula hoops hanging from your ears!!

But seriously, those are some nice slimers.

Quote:

Best opener I have ever had, I almost forgot there was fish like this in the metro area.

pike1tn5.jpg

pike2nq4.jpg

pike3wr2.jpg

We got 9 northerns all together, nothing less than 6lbs, biggest was 12. Bunch of bass also, nothing huge. Found them very shallow in weeds, spinnerbaits and sucker minnows both worked.

Are you sure that lake is in the Metro area?? It is hard to imangine a Metro lake having no boats in the backgroud on opening weekend...

Was about 10 boats on the lake, but not in the area we were in. Not a very popular well known lake, borderline metro area. And by the way, the hoola hoops in the ears is my friend not me!

Look at the head on that thing, way to big for the body!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt think my head was that disproportional to my body!!! now i feel bad. fish was 40" and extremely thick. we didnt weight it because i had read that hanging a large fish by its head can permanently damage the fish's spine or kill it. it hit the first cast of the trip with a jig and minnow in 18'. it isnt a metro pike, but it was in minnesota.