• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Launching Problems???

JIGGIN'

How are the Public Landings on the SE and East sides of the lake right now??? Most notably the Thaines River connected to Isle bay??? Possible to launch a 17.6 ft. deep V???

Cove bay was great. I stopped by Whaukon for a bathroom break and bottomed out my 16' smokercraft.

Unless you have a jon boat, don't bother with that launch. I don't know about the others...

I used Cedar Creek to launch our 18 ft Ranger, and it was pretty shallow, but it is doable if you back your truck out far enough into the lake.

Malmo public launch was very shallow as well. Bring waders or wear shorts if you launch there...makes it much faster and easier if you get in the water to assit in launching and loading. I saw some big boats that had to give up because they couldn't launch there.

So Malmo isn't good for bigger boats. Any word on Wealthwood? I used Red Door on opener and it was fine. About a 20 minute wait at 8 AM and 7 PM (like anywhere I guess) but quite nice. Well worth the $10.

GottaGo:

I cant believe you launched an 18ft ranger their i had a hard time landing my 16ft Alumacraft I had to jump in the water but luckily I brought wadders.

Launched out of Fishers with a Pro-V landing is great well worth the $10 just be careful when you get out of the harbor keep the motor trimmed up.

you were lucky at 20 min. at 8:30am it took us 30 min and at 10:00 pm it was 75 min. still worth the 10$

I'm not saying bigger boats didn't launch at Malmo...I'm just saying it depends on your rig and trailer...and even then there may be some difficulty. I would guess Wealthwood public access is just as bad or worse. If you have a bigger boat I would probably go to a resort and pay the money...or at least keep it in the back of your mind as a second option. I seen some boats being able to launch but then not being able to pick up there buddy at shore because the boat would bottom out 10 yards from shore...so the buddies would have to walk out to the boat to get in. For some guys that's no big deal...for others it may be. You could try and stick around the dock and pick guys up there but that gets rather congested with other boats trying to get in and out...probably wouldn't be appreciated if you hung on to the dock waiting for your buddy to park the truck and run back to the dock.

The Isle launch next to McQuiods is dodable, launched a 22' there. Be careful though, there is a log or rock about 70' directly back from the launch and if you get to close to the reeds, youll hang up on mud. Stay left of center on the way out. Once you hit the bay, stay to the right of the marker and it gets to 1' for about 30'. TRim it up until after the marker and you will be fine.

Rocks and reefs were slow, check 25' areas during the day, that is where we marked and caught the most fish. 10-14' at night. The north was much better.

What are the launches looking like on the northern side of the lake? Should A guy still plan on bringing waders?

CA

Launched out of Garrison on Wed, 18' Crestliner, a little shallow but no prob with the motor trimmed. Didn't have to get wet doing it!

I usually lanch out of garrison but the wind usually beats you up there and have only fished the flats before. Is there a better place to go to fish the north side. I have a fishhawk 1750?