• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Podcast Mail Bag-We want to hear from you please.

Deitz Dittrich

We would like to try a Podcast Mail bag.. If you have questions, I will do my best to find an expert on the subject to answer it.

Thanks to all and any who offer up a question. Please post a reply to this post.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deitz Dittrich

• bassNspear

• polarsusd81

• WENZDAD

I may be slow or something but what is a "podcast mail bag"?

Go to www.hotspotoutdoors.com and click on one of the MP3 players.. or just go to www.fishingminnesota.com and the podcast should load at the top right of your screen.. They are a weekly radio/computer show.. only audio... we have done about 16 shows already. A podcast "Maiil bag".. we are looking for questions to answer on the show...

I hope this helps!

great idea dietz. Its going to help people that are out there that have them questions where people can help them out with it.

Great idea

Too techno for me - have no idea what an mp3 or a pod is and not sure it would make a difference if I did.... confused.gif

Daze Off

Here's a couple of ideas:

"Dog day walleyes". When the water temps hit 80 degrees or better, the temps outside are 95 degrees, the sky is blue and there isn't a breath of wind to be found and it's late July to mid August, where should one look and what should one fish with for walleyes. And since I'm from southcentral MN, I'd be interested on info around here, but up north would be helpful too.

Also, fishing those "crystal clear" lakes for walleyes, especially during the daytime. Some lakes have water clarity of 10', 15' or even more, so how deep must one go to find fish? Or do you even need to go deep?

These would be two of the "burning" questions on my mind. smirk.gif

Thanks for the question BC.. I'll do my best to get someone to get you an answer for that questino on an upcoming podcast...

Deitz -

Thanks for the clue on how to listen - nice job!

Worked jsut fine but took some time to download.

Daze Off

Bass fishing from top to bottom. Make it a part 1,2,3...

Muskies 101, 102,103

Take some time getting specific.

Good job,

Corey Bechtold

not a bad idea..... its getting closer to spearing season smile.gifcool.gif

Mr. Dietz,

I have been listening to F.M’s podcast's since you started them. I love your format!

I was wondering if there is a possible future for Cat fishing in your podcast schedule. I am sure one of the many good guys from the catfish forum would possibly be willing to help and I sure would love to hear some of their advice and tips. They all seem to be very good friends and get along very well. The main posters in the catfish species area (I.E. Harveylee, DTRO, Hanson and others) have daily updates on trophy fish. They seem to be on the water every day and catching fish with each other. I have learned so much this year on different tactics to make my weekly catfish trips more productive. I would say it is one of the best forums around for cat fishing and it would only add to this claim, by F.M. being the pioneer and putting cat fishing in the podcast realm. I fully understand that there has to be a willingness to do this (by your self and others), but I feel the outcome would be great.

Best regards,

SHACKBASH

P.S.

Nice meeting you at Sportsman’s Show. Next time I hope to be able to talk to you a little more.

Thanks for the kind works Shack- As a matter of fact I am thinking of a Cat show for the following week. This weeks cast will be on "take a kid fishing".. then I hope to hit the Catfish dudes!!!

Deitz,

These are great, like the muskie chat with RK this week!

I beleive RK said something in a post last week that "you could train a monkey to fish for muskies", but that with bass have all kinds of interesting stuff. As a muskie angler, I have to agree!!!

Pod request: With bass, how do you guys decide what to throw and when? Dropshot, tube, Texas rig, wacky, flukes, cranks, slow roll spinners, the list goes on and on, not to even mention color. You're a self confessed "dozen rig" guy, so what logic goes into what presentation at what time of year, and day? How do I stack water temp, clarity, weather (current and days prior), time of year, etc.....how do I get the odds in my favor? More often than not, I end up with a J&P, as it's versatile and I have confidence. I understand basics, but could use help on getting better with presentation selection. Mid to late June, with water temps and weeds having changed significantly from opener could be a good time for such a Pod.

Hope the question makes sense....

Thanks, Chris

• 2 weeks later...

CAN YOU SEEK INFO ON MY PRIOR INQUIRY?:

FOR OVER 10 YEARS WE AND TWO OTHER FAMILIES HAVE CAMPED ON CASS LAKE FOR 2 WEEK SUMMER VACATION. KIDS ARE GROWN BUT THEY LIKE TO COME AND VISIT FOR LONG WEEKENDS. WE ARE FROM SOUTH OF CHICAGO AND THE DISTANCE MAKES IT IMPRACTICAL FOR THEM, AND THE CAMPGROUND IS GOING MORE AND MORE SEASONAL CAMPING ONLY. WE AS A GROUP ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THE FISHING IN CASS LAKE WITH CAMPING-FULL HOOKUPS. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I will have to be honest with you, there really is nothing like cass lake when it comes to getting away from everything. My family had a resort up there (trees resort) where they are selling there lots off now and getting out of the resort business. I was talking to my brother the other day, and we were trying to find a place that is like it, but yet a bit different then what we were usta.

Alexandria is a great place for a family to spend alot of time on. Its a different world then Cass Lake, where there is alot more people in this area, but the nice thing about it, there is alot of lakes in the area, and there is alot of great family things to do as well. Might want to check that out.

Quote:

We would like to try a Podcast Mail bag.. If you have questions, I will do my best to find an expert on the subject to answer it.

Thanks to all and any who offer up a question. Please post a reply to this post.

Wenz- I'm not sure I understand your question 100%?... are you looking for a new resort to stay at? closer to Chicago? There are a lot of resorts on Cass, so if its just a matter of switching resorts on Cass? Check out Horeshoe resort OR Allans bay lodge.

If your looking for a different location closer to the cities, I would try Mille Lacs. Top notch fisher.. I would then give Appledorns a call.

WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING CLOSER TO OUR HOME SOUTH OF CHICAGO BUT STILL IN MINNESOTA. THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS

• 2 weeks later...

WE LIVE SOUTH OF CHICAGO BUT ARE LOOKING FOR A CAMPING/FISHING LOCATION CLOSER TO HOME. HOW IS THE LAKE PEPIN AREA FOR BOTH?

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Deitz,

These are great, like the muskie chat with RK this week!

I beleive RK said something in a post last week that "you could train a monkey to fish for muskies", but that with bass have all kinds of interesting stuff. As a muskie angler, I have to agree!!!

Pod request: With bass, how do you guys decide what to throw and when? Dropshot, tube, Texas rig, wacky, flukes, cranks, slow roll spinners, the list goes on and on, not to even mention color. You're a self confessed "dozen rig" guy, so what logic goes into what presentation at what time of year, and day? How do I stack water temp, clarity, weather (current and days prior), time of year, etc.....how do I get the odds in my favor? More often than not, I end up with a J&P, as it's versatile and I have confidence. I understand basics, but could use help on getting better with presentation selection. Mid to late June, with water temps and weeds having changed significantly from opener could be a good time for such a Pod.

Hope the question makes sense....

Thanks, Chris

Great ideas here!

I get it now, Lake Pepin can be a crazy place to go. There is alot of cool stuff there. Its a awesome place to get some nice fish. Its nothing like up north, but you can have a great time here.

too bad i cant hear abt it.. was wonderin can it be typing into summary of what u guys r talkin abt??

ole- I'll do my best to get a summary of what was said and get it to you some time this week via e-mail.

ok thanks mayb this time i ll give u NEW lures not used one left on ur windshield grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

When do bass school up and why is something i would like to here. How is fishing in Minnesota different from the surrounding states? is also something