Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFBOY

WALLEYE LOCATION

13 posts in this topic

NOT LOOKING FOR ANY SPECIFIC LAKE INFORMATION, BUT WAS WONDERING WHAT DEPTH GUYS WERE FINDING WALLEYES ON THE NORTHERN INLAND LAKES. I.E. 12 FEET, 4 FEET, ON ROCKS, WEED EDGES, ETC. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

10' on reefs or close to breaks. Weed edges are good as long as the pike aren't there. I noticed areas that should hold eyes were left on account of pike in the area.

On the break from 30 to 34 FOW, also on a break from 10 to 19 FOW both on Vermilion.

As Upnorth's post indicates, its going to make a huge difference as to what body of water your on.

4FOW in stumps/weeds.

THANKS. MUCH APPRECIATED.

smile.gif

We found em on the edge of rocks in 8-12 feet on Shag in Ely. No slaughter going on but we were happy. 18 walleye from 14-24 inches in 2 days.

Wanderer,

It must have been that fantastic bait you were using smile.gif

Yeah, 10-4!

Nice minnow mix you so carefully calculated putting together! How'd you come up with that again?!

Maybe Justin should try some!

We stopped back in later that day but your relief guy was in. We needed more minnows and 1/8 ounce jigs.

Thanks, we'll see ya again.

We caught them in 15' to 17' on Island, mostly with jigs & leeches.

hey Ted! Rumor has it you couldn't catch a walleye if it was in your bath tub.

My advice would be to use a King Kat with a gob of worms and fish off the dock!

JP

6-12 a year out of that dead sea isnt too bad. bob milton is going to teach me how to get them this year. thats a trade for a crappie lesson. did you see your pic posted? that was dandy.

been doing very well every day on island except for tuesday when the storms came through. every walleye caught was in 6 fow no structure. just flat sandy bottom with minimal weeds on bottom. tried every lure i have to throw at them and the only and i mean only way i can catch them is with a smaller size pink or orange floating jig 4 inches from 2 split shots. and the minnow hooked through the lips. hook them through the back and only thing i could catch is a buzz. hook them through the lips and i might waith 10 minutes before a walleye. and no other colors worked except for pink or orange. really weird but that is the only thing that has been working all week. averageing about 4 eyes per night from 8pm till 9:30. going back out there in 30 minutes to get some more. have to take advantage of this while it lasts. from this spot here is the keeper eye count.. sat night.. 9 people.22 keepers.. sunday night, 2 people 10 keepers. monday night. 2 people, 5 keepers. tue night= SKUNKED. wed night, just me, 3 keepers. tonight will be 2 of us and i am guessing we will get 7 keepers...

Good fishing all see ya out there some time.

jeremy