• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Im hitting Tetonka tomorrow. New lake to me. Played on it last Monday....any eye suggestions?

Leeches or minnows on 3' - 4' snells or jigs. If there's wind and/or cloud cover, try the weedline. If not, look deeper from 11' - 20'. Water is pretty clear (can see 11' down), so if you're using snells, I'd use Vanish if ya have some.

Looks like another windy day tomorrow. When I was out there last Monday, I noticed a good hump between the two main points...I've got Fireline crystal on all my rigs.

Thanks BC!

What is the water temp. on Tetonka? And, how is the weed growth so far?

Water surface temp was around 65 degrees, down from 70 degrees last Wednesday. Probably back up to 70 with these warm temps right now.

Weeds are beginning to sprout up. Most were 2' - 2.5' high, so not up to the surface yet.

BC - Thanks for info. Temps pretty much did the same thing down here going back and forth from week to week. Really did a number on the crappie spawn and I think some will just "not go" or absorb their eggs this year. Heading up that way this Wednesday for a week of R & R on Tetonka/Sakatah. If you are in the area (or anyone else) please stop on the water and say hi. I have my orange Iowa stickers on the boat so will not be hard to spot.

My son told me they are catching Eyes at the bridge where the Cannon river gos out of Tetonka.

I'll be on the water Friday - Sunday down there. Let's try to connect Friday for sure and compare what's happening. Give me a ring; you have my number.

Fished out there about 4 hours today. No eyes, but some huge bass. My wife nailed a good 5 lb northern.

Just curious, can anybody out there catch anything (walleyes) over 12" on Tetonka with any consistency??? I love this lake, and I know there are big fish in there, but I'm having a hard time finding them! confused.gif

TO - I will call you Friday morning. I should have a good day and half on the water by then so hopefully will have a good idea of what is going on. If for some reason we have trouble hooking up by phone (I don't anticipate any problems) I am in a 17' old white Basstracker with 40/6 Johnsons on back. From the report on water temps and weed growth it sounds very similiar to last year at this time. It should be good fishing again.

I am very excited to be coming up again and not sure I will be able to make it through the work day without leaving early.

It seems if found everything big in that lake besides the eyes. confused.gif

Tetonka is where I'll be this weekend. I'll let you know how I do. I have never fished Tetonka for eyes in May so should be fun.

Oh, Yea, I have cought over 20 Eyes this year and not one of them were cought at less then 3mph! Not one!

Sounds good. I should be on the water by 8:30 or so and I'll be out there all day.

Yea.

The point is, If the fish are not feeding, maybe some of these people should be looking for a reaction bite. Nothing wrong with a lindy rig or a jig but not all of the time! What are your chances of finding feeding fish at the time your over them? When I catch fish, most of the time it is at one depth but along a 2-300 yard area as the fish move along it. They are not at any one give spot more then a few minutes. Then which way did they go? confused.gif I'm not going to sit there and hope they come back. That would be to much like Ice Fishing! grin.gif I'm going to hunt them down.

Muddog, I'm assuming you are talking trolling cranks? What kind of depths are you targeting? I pulled lures all saterday, not one eye.

Secondly, I get out of my big brace from shoulder surgury in 11 more days, I would like to get out to tetonka once I can operate the boat and drive by myself again, can someone give me directions to get to the lake? I live in New Ulm but directions from Madison Lake, St. Peter or Kato is all I would need, prefer not to pull the boat through Kato though, little old jeep scares me on the interstate sometimes.

Thanks guys

Easiest way I'd think from New Ulm would be to go through 'Kato, then Hwy. 60 thru Madison Lk, then thru Elysian and 2-3 miles east of Elysian is CR 6. Go north on CR 6 to stop sign, go thru stop sign ~1/2mi or so to where the blacktop ends, take right at public access sign and it'll take you straight to the access (dead ends at access).

Otherwise, you could take Hwy. 99 out of St. Peter to Cleveland, take CR 15 (which turns into CR 26 after crossing the county line) south to Madison Lk., then east on Hwy. 60 thru Elysian to CR 6.

Or, if you head south from the intersection that takes you to Westwood to the stop sign, take that county road east and you'll eventually hit where CR 15 and CR 26 switch over. Take CR 26 south to Madison Lk., then east on Hwy. 60.

A few options there. smirk.gif

yes. I'm trolling cranks in 6-10 FOW and just outside of the weedlines.

You can also put your boat in Tetonka at Waterville, right at the water tower. Go left for Tetonka.

TO I should be on the water when you get there. Stop and talk to me. I shouldn't be to hard to find.

i am thinking about heading out to tetonka this next tues. my brother will be down from the ely area and we plan on going out there to fish that nite. we are thinking about hitting up the weedlines like we did last year pitching jigs with leeches or minnows? are the weeds up or do we still have a little more time to go before the reach the surface? any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

You have any problems finding the weedlines. They are up and the water is very clear.

I was out there this morning. The weed need a week or two. They sprayed for weed on the 17th.

I should be there by 9:00 am both Saturday and Sunday. I'll look you up.

I was back on Tetonka this AM. The spraying looks like it was done on the Cannon and Upper Sakatah. The weeds on Tetonka should be reaching the surface in a week or two and die off by the end of June. The second weekend of June should be prime.

Good to see you this morning dude. We ended up sticking some nice fish this afternoon pitching jigs and leeches and casting Rat-L-Traps. Happy clients = happy guide. grin.gif

Did you fish this afternoon?

Went to Gorman. All the Eyes were under 12" but there were alot of them. 3 Northerns over 25". A few under. A dogfish around 8 or 9 lbs and some White Bass, one over 15".

I had a boat troll along side of me untill I cought a fish, then he moved into that spot and made me fish around him mad.gif. What a good sport!

That's always a treat. I guess I may go back "down south" in the morning.