• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Avoided the rush this weekend and went pannie fishing instead. Did really well with the pannies but on the depressing side of things. My bow mounted trolling motor burned up on me. Just seeing if anyone might have one they would would like get rid of. Or any ideas of where i might find a cheap one to get me through the next month or so of fishing. Thanks Duane

call motor clinic in bloomington the sell reconditioned and used stuff, what brand is your broken one is it possible to fix it ?

It is a minn kota maxxum 54 that i think is about 10 years old. I think it has just burned out on me. Just quit working on me sat night. Had the on board charger plugged in all night friday and the batteries are new so i don't think that is the problem. Not very familiar with trolling motors for i am pretty new to boating. Thanks for the help. I'll have to give either minn kota a call or that place in bloomingtom on monday.

go right to minn-kota in mankato on madison ave., they do it all right there anyway, no need to send it. grin.gif

most of the time there is a in-line fuse check to see if thats good if you have one I had this happen to me on mine just a thought.

ALSO CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS A CIRCUIT BREAKER AT THE BATTERY TERMINALS. THEY ARE ABOUT 3/4" X 1" AND HAVE A RESETABLE BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM SIDE OF THEM.

I've checked the fuses, bypassed the circiut breaker and the direction arrow light on top of unit comes on, so i'm getting power that far. I can hear a clicking sound in the foot control pedal when i turn it on, so power is there. From what i can come up with, it seems to be in the lower part of the unit. Shaft or gears or something just have to take it to minn kota on monday. Do i need to take it off the boat or can i take my boat in? Thanks for all the help!

Duane

I HAVE ALWAYS TAKEN MINE OFF THE BOAT BUT HAVE SEEN BOATS PARKED BY THE REPAIR SHOP SO YOU MUST BE ABLE TO LEAVE THEM ON THE BOAT?

Take off the cover and hook 12-volts directly to the 2 wires (red & black brush wires) heading down the tube. (even though this is a 24-v motor the lower unit will run on 12-volts direct)

If the lower unit runs, the problem is the main control board. You're looking at $200 kit.

The MK service is now at 121 Power Dr. The industrial park by Kato Light and Midwest Wireless. (kitty corner from Menards)

Thanks katoguy. I tried that and the lower unit still works. Is the main control board located in the foot control?. Mine is the flat foot control with the toe button on it. Thanks for all who have helped me out on trouble shooting this problem. Have a good day and save some eyes for me.

duane