• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre requests trade

james_walleye

You guys are right, what are we Pack fans thinking that Favre is actually good. I mean one losing season in 15 years as a starter and closing in on near every QB record in the books. It's not like he played in the best league in the world. Sheesh what a loser. ooo.gif

Quote:

I've said this before. Darn near half his TD's in his good ole days were play action TE pretends to fall over Defense overplays the run Farve throws to a wide open uncovered sneaky TE. (MY sister could make that throw)

And his "greatest, guttiest, best MNF game ever" after his dad's passing. He played horrible, all his throws were way off mark. But, his "so called" mediocre recievers made unbelievable plays.

And I think Farve would be a horrible teacher to a rookie. His best asset is his rocket cannon arm. Which by the way he'd average 40 int's a year if DB's could catch like WR's. I've seen so many DB's that can't handle the fastball its rediculous. To sum it up, Farve has padded stats and is way over-rated, as well as lucky on many occasions.

I think you did.....

speak of the devil ESPN online has a full cover story on how selfish favre is

enjoy packer backers

Did you take the survey? Looks like A LOT of people agree with me that he is a top 5 quarterback and has a right to be angry with the draft choices........not opinion, but fact.....thanks for pointing that out MNvikingsfreak, my point has been proved.

I never said favre wasnt good he is just very overrated the packers and the nfl put him on a pedestal but he cannot live up to the hype he was pretty good 10 years ago in the mvp times but those days are well long gone I just cant believe the packers waisted a draft pick on aaron rodgers drafting a quarterback and having him sit for 3+ years isnt what the packers had in mind but favre being selfish and giving the packers the runaround costed them a good draft pick cuz rodgers is not the answer but I hope favre trains him on the trademark pass...throwing into triple coverage on a game winning drive at lambeau for an int....I love that play he makes it look so effortless shocked.gif

Shiner go back and read my post. I specifically noted in my post how i thought the falcon game was the biggest choke job ever. And Michael Vick beat the packers at Lambeau in a playoff game. The viking/pack game from a couple seasons ago, going into that game alot of people thought the pack was the team too beat. They were hot going into the playoffs. But the vikings punched that packers in the face from the get go. Favre had no punch in that game. He didnt lead his team back, Culpepper and the vikes put the dagger in on the Moss toss. This scenario played out a couple times with the pack. Real good teams and Favre takes a dump in the playoffs.

As far as your response too my earlier post. Its what i expected. The reason? You cant argue against it. There is no opinion there, just fact. It all happened. But the media wont shine that light on their glory boy. If a guy knew nothing about football and listened too just the media you would think that Favre has led about 5 come from behind game winning drives in 5 different superbowls. The whole persona of this big game QB is a complete farce. His one superbowl ring is great, i wish the purple had one, but it doesnt make the arguement for being this "big game QB". In fact i dont recall a QB that has played worse in some of these big games. And consistently bad, not just once, but in many playoff games. Not only did he not carry his team too victory, but he brought his team too defeat time after time. Not like he threw for 4 TD's and 300 yards and they still lost. I mean threw for 4 INT's, or 6 in one case. Any other QB in the league plays half as bad and they get crucified. But we all get too listen too the media say "thats just Brett being Brett". No John Madden, its not, its Brett playing rotten and you not wanting too say anything negative about your golden boy.

Dante Culpepper was good too. But good doesnt mean the best in the NFL ever. No one will argue Favre isnt or never was good.

Honestly......Elway won his rings with 2 Pro bowl receivers and an MVP running back.....Montana had pro bowlers too. Marino had plenty of chances and couldn't get it done. Favre won when he had a great team, name one quarterback that took a crappy team to the superbowl and won. You can't! Brett is a GREAT quarterback and will go down as a top 5....Culpepper was not a good quarterback, he was mediocore at best. These arguments are all the same.....could someone other than a Vikings fan chime in here and say that Favre is not a great quarterback? Then maybe I can listen to an unbiased opinion.......

I do like the fact that we are getting so fired up months before kick-off grin.gif

GO PACK GO!

Marino had one chance. I would also say he took a pretty crappy team to the superbowl. Besides himself, Clayton, and duper. Another thing you can say about Marino is almost every game they won was based largely on how he played. If he had a bad game the Dolphins lost most every time. He never had a running game to help him. I could also name lots of better then average QB's (Like Favre) who took their teams to the superbowl and won. To Favre's credit I give him, laser arm, toughness, a will to win.

trent dilfer with baltimore,brad johnson tampa,big ben pittsburgh thats in the past 5-6 years those teams won games by defense hands down

what

wr's from those teams made it to the probowl? maybe hines ward thats it favre had probowl wr's,te's and rb's in the "glory days" 10 years ago and they had a good defense too alot of favres stats are padded when you have good people to throw too you will have good stats just like culpepper he had moss,carter,smith but once those guys left and daunte went to a team with no randy you can see just how little talent he has wr's make a qb

this just in!!! now we all can sleep better thank god!!!.....Source says Favre to be at minicamp on Friday after all

Packers quarterback Brett Favre has changed his mind and now is expected to attend this weekend's minicamp, a person familiar with the situation said Wednesday.The Packers' mandatory three-day minicamp opens in Green Bay on Friday.

On Tuesday, Favre told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun-Herald that because he is unable to practice while recovering from offseason ankle surgery, he planned on staying home in Mississippi to assist in preparations for his daughter's upcoming high school graduation.

At the time, Favre said the decision was not related to his frustration with the team's unwillingness to complete a trade for wide receiver Randy Moss.

Associated Press

Last update: May 16, 2007 – 10:38 PM - star tribune

Hey ! Do you think that Favre could say something to somebody about the high gas prices and get them lowered ? Maybe he could put in a word for world piece , ya know ... that he is for it and then everybody would get along . Would it be possible for him to stamp out world hunger ? I'm thinkin' that heck yes he could . What a world it would be if Brett just used his powers for the betterment of mankind . Wow...imagine ... smirk.gif

actually in kiln mississippi has the record low gas prices in country brett favre has a house there and john madden lives in the guest house in the off season in that town if somebody has a question they ask *WWFD* favre is a legend...

Don't get me wrong , I like Farve but I just consider him a bit over rated . I'll be honest in saying if he didn't play for the Packers I would rate him higher . If he would have done the same in Cleveland , that would have been something .

Everybody has there own opinion as to who is great QB, some will argue the rings other argue the stats, some will take the happy medium. I like to see how they are peforming in must win playoff games. Last 8 playoff games for Favre this is what he as done.

Wins - 2, Losses 6, TD Passes - 13, INTS - 17 and only one of those games did he throw for over 300 yards. Prior to this he had above average stats, but since 1997 this guy has been terrible in the big games. He had a great run in the early to mid 90s, with his 30+ tds and 15 ints a year for about 5 years in row and then he threw in a couple more down the road too, but they guy just flat out couldn't get it down in the playoffs the last 10 years. I have take much much heat for my Vikes losing 4 superbowls and took the Bills 4 in a row to take off some of that heat, but I took it and will admit that sucks and by no means do I make excuses for how pathetic we looked in those superbowls, but for some reason no matter what you show the media or many packer fans they have a hard time admitting that their boy Favre has been below avg the last TEN YEARS in big playoff games!!!!

I just wanted to add that those stats I quoted above were from 1997 to 2004 and not threw 2007.

I am certainly not debating the fact that he has struggled recently........but that does not take away from what he has done in the NFL. His career is great, plain and simple. I agree with the way that people rate greatness (TD's, rings, wins, etc.) is how they are viewed......Favre rates high in most of the top categories.

His career has been long , great is debatable . If a QB is around long enough , even on bad teams , he is bound to set a few records . Just as a side note and how meaningless stats. sometime are , I read that through the first 5 years of his career D. Culpepper out played EVERY QB statistcally in every catagory but one . Marino had more yards passing but Daunte Culpepper led every other catagory . Know what that means ? Very little except you can take statistics wrap them around context that suits you and make them look as good as you want .

Sorry shiner, these teams that Favre had back 5 years ago or so werent bad teams. Those were good teams, very skilled, and teams that alot of people thought were good enough too win superbowls. I dont expect him too rise up with a team like last year and win it. No one does. But those teams, even 2 years ago when the purple beat them, were teams that alot of people had pegged for superbowls. And he was the single biggest reason in every year but maybe the philly 4th and 26 game for his team losing. He stunk, and people that are in the talk for the top 5 QB's ever dont have a 10 year run where they cost there team time and time again. Top 5 QB's ever dont consistently lose playoff games. And by mean lose, i mean they are the reason their team lost. Top 5 QB's ever dont show up year after year and throw 4-6 INT's in every playoff game.

Favre's numbers look great on paper, but he seems more of a liability in the last few seasons. Sure he's 6 TD's away from the all time record, but he's only 4 INT's away from that all time record. Even if he produced 2 TD's/15 INT's a season, I gaurantee his ego would keep him in the league for another 3 years until he gets the record. I always laugh when it's "up in the air" whether he's going to retire every year.

Back to your Elway comparison, I'd take ol' horseface any day. 5 Superbowl appearances with 2 wins. Those painful games earlier in his career were with mediocre Bronco teams playing against the dominant NFC conference.

In the end I still have respect for Favre. He holds the consecutive start record (even if he was helped along with Vicadin). He still throws a missile. He is exciting to watch because someone is going to catch that long ball (maybe a DB wink.gif). I'd probably put him at #5 or 6 at QB. But unlike Elway, he hasn't adjusted his game for his age which I think has hurt him the last 5 years or so. My two cents.