Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
concreteman

little long lake new brighton

8 posts in this topic

SO anyone got some info on how the fishing was there sat. I saw about five or six boats fishing by the bridge there, a spot i have been eyeing up for a while now, i guess i wasnt the only one. just wondering how people did, any info would be great.

That bridge spot can be good.

I stopped for a peek a few years ago and saw 7 Walleyes landed in the 15 minutes I was watching.

I've heard of people catching walleyes, but have never seen it myself. I have seen northerns caught right off the pier by the boat launch.

If you go there, get out early. Any nice day there seems to be a few ski boats there, plus limited parking.

A buddy told me someone was netting fish on the lake the other day, so keep the TIP number handy!

jigstciker- any size to those walleyes?

I think i may give it shot if there is, i just moved to new brighton, but i've been on the lake a few times with the boat and but never fished the little lake so if i do head out i will post my results, give a wave if ya see me 2025 lund pro v black and gray

The bridge area does hold some fish but nothing like it was a few years ago. I think that the amount of pressure that little area got for a while has kinda screwed it up. There are some better spots on the lake to catch fish.

Concreteman - pop me an e-mail, I fish the lake quite often. eric@siteplacement.net

Tuesday night after the wind calmed it was a nice night. I tried the outlet (long lake road bridge) and managed one small walleye. Later I went up the inlet (hiking bridge) with no luck aside from catching a couple neighbor boys smoking cigarettes.

Managed a couple crappies in one of the bays towards the end of the night.

Anybody have consistant luck on this lake with a couple tactics? I've caught the occasional eyeball in the weeds throwing shad raps, and a handful of them in moving water with floating raps and swim/jerk baits. Does lindy rigging pay off in the spring? I marked some fish close to the bottom in the south end of the lake in about 20 fow but I'm not sure what they were.

Late last summer I was marking fish on the south end in 20 fow as well. It was getting dark and the bites started coming - bullheads!

They do catch eyes off the fishing dock, so they must be down there as well.